RATE - Vertical Man

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

RATE - Vertical Man

Postby Lazarus_2 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:42 pm

One 10
What in the... World 10
Mindfield 10
King of Broken Hearts 10
Vertical Man 10
Drift Away 10
I Was Walkin' 10
la De Da 10
Without Understanding 10
I'll Be Fine Anywhere 10
Puppet 10
I'm Yours 10

130/130 =100/100

Overall: 10/10

The Perfect Ringo Record.
Last edited by Lazarus_2 on Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
youtube.com/kinnarchimedes
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:14 am

Apparently not many mccartney fans like Ringo's work? I think you're all too "into" mccartney to notice any other quality artists...
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:58 am

Lazarus_2 wrote:Apparently not many mccartney fans like Ringo's work? I think you're all too "into" mccartney to notice any other quality artists...
So you don't like a lot of Ringo's work either? (Since you're here and a McCartney fan and all.....) :P
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:46 pm

Steve-o wrote:
Lazarus_2 wrote:Apparently not many mccartney fans like Ringo's work? I think you're all too "into" mccartney to notice any other quality artists...
So you don't like a lot of Ringo's work either? (Since you're here and a McCartney fan and all.....) :P
imeant to say mccartney fans here on these forums. and it seems like not many are. i think most fans of mccartney are fanboys, which is not a good thing in most-cases.
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:35 pm

Lazarus_2 wrote:
Steve-o wrote:
imeant to say mccartney fans here on these forums. and it seems like not many are. i think most fans of mccartney are fanboys, which is not a good thing in most-cases.
Please enlighten us all as what the term "fanboy" means to you, since most of the forum appear to be one in the Laz Hall of Shame.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby HeyJude » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:10 pm

Should I now start listing the other quality artists I'm "into" almost or just as much as Paul? There's a lot of them you've probably never heard about and they're fantastic. It's just a thing that it isn't too easy to acquire Ringo albums here and there's lots of great music out there for me to explore and get hold of more easily.
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:18 pm

HeyJude wrote:Should I now start listing the other quality artists I'm "into" almost or just as much as Paul? There's a lot of them you've probably never heard about and they're fantastic. It's just a thing that it isn't too easy to acquire Ringo albums here and there's lots of great music out there for me to explore and get hold of more easily.
your euro is worth more than our australian dollar. i'm sure you could order it/them off ebay, or one of the amazons...
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:20 pm

HeyJude wrote:Should I now start listing the other quality artists I'm "into" almost or just as much as Paul? There's a lot of them you've probably never heard about and they're fantastic. It's just a thing that it isn't too easy to acquire Ringo albums here and there's lots of great music out there for me to explore and get hold of more easily.
name some and i'll see. though i admit it rarely ever listen to "foreign" bands, but i suppose if the music is good enough it'll get happening reviews enough for it to be popular world-over, then i could more-easily see myself buying an album by them(of course with a little mp3 previewing prior).

Name some of these phantom bands i've probably never heard of(as long as they're not foreign)(i.e: not speaking de english). I'll see if i know any. pm me/
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Lazarus_2 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:32 pm

Steve-o wrote:
Lazarus_2 wrote:
Steve-o wrote:
Please enlighten us all as what the term "fanboy" means to you, since most of the forum appear to be one in the Laz Hall of Shame.

1. fanboy
A person who loves something without question.

2. A person who has an undying urge to sway everyone that is not a believer of the belief system they have towards a any material property If they do not succeed, they will not sway from their statement infront of anyone who knows their stance. Even if shown the truth.

3. Someone far beyond a simple fan.
No, not the tye of fan which keeps people cool.

4.person who goes into an outburst every time something he likes is questioned.

5. Biased people who think that the things they worship about are the masters of the universe. However, since they are biased, they will constantly bash opposing things instead of thinking about it and stating its positive and negative attributes. it think i like this one best

6. Someone who has devoted their entire consciousness and personality to a random form of capitalistic media. Commonly found amongst gamers, music listeners, celebrity worshipers, anime freaks, etc no wait this one!

example of someone describing a fanboy situtation of sorts: I wasn't about to wait in line for 5 hours to get tickets for the new mccartney concert tour, with all those "fanboys" dressed in sgt. pepper paul outfits/walrus suits, saying to each other every 5 seconds 'you like paul?' 'yeah, isn't he great'...

Now that would try the patience of even the most-patient of people... i bet not even paul would like to be stuck in a situation where everyone was calling him "great" every 5 seconds.
Lazarus_2
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:53 pm

LOL, Laz....You seem to fit most of those quite well. We shall now call you ringo-fanboy from here on out.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to RINGO