Postcards from the Boys

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:46 pm

Thanks....you're sweet - you know what , now I feel slightly :oops: :roll:
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby BeatleBabe » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:58 pm

Oh don't feel slightly :oops: Do you remember when there was first talk of the Let It Be DVD? It seems like its been a while since it was first rumored to be coming out.
What are you doing on the floor?
I'm tired
BeatleBabe

Postby theDingle » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:42 am

Berkeleyan wrote:You know what ? I'm really eager for the Let it Be DVD.
There should be much more footage in it, plenty of extras !!

The thing is, not a peep from Apple and the powers that be about release date. I think they've got other priorities at the moment so not a word on it. Perhaps not this year, not yet....maybe the Estates of John and George have not given their blessings to it yet, who knows ??
I'll have to check back again, but I remember reading in one of my Beatle books recently where it was mentioned that even though it was previously officially released on videotape, since then there has developed some kind of sticky legal tie-up regarding LIB being re-released.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:54 am

BeatleBabe wrote:Oh don't feel slightly :oops: Do you remember when there was first talk of the Let It Be DVD? It seems like its been a while since it was first rumored to be coming out.

Well OK then....speaking of "Let it Be", I believe this Macca Forum first hinted at the release of a LIB DVD about 2 years ago. Then the subject slowly fizzled out.
Berkeleyan

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:59 am

theDingle wrote:
Berkeleyan wrote:You know what ? I'm really eager for the Let it Be DVD.
There should be much more footage in it, plenty of extras !!

The thing is, not a peep from Apple and the powers that be about release date. I think they've got other priorities at the moment so not a word on it. Perhaps not this year, not yet....maybe the Estates of John and George have not given their blessings to it yet, who knows ??
I'll have to check back again, but I remember reading in one of my Beatle books recently where it was mentioned that even though it was previously officially released on videotape, since then there has developed some kind of sticky legal tie-up regarding LIB being re-released.

I wonder what's holding it off this time around. There's seems to be always a bind of some sort to LIB.

Well for one thing, when George was still alive he'd always use his right of vote (you know, for mor "Beatle product" to cme up, there should always be 4 votes in favor of it; otherwise, it would never see the light of day) to veto such release in any form. But in this millenium I believe I read some stuff on this Forum that said there was "green light" for the release of the LIB DVD.
Berkeleyan

Postby theDingle » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:43 pm

Finally read this one--what an intimate slice of inner sanctum Beatles! Like Ringo says in it, in spite of latter-day schisms, this book tells the real deal. There was always contact between them. The heavy times of sharp disagreement was only a period of a few years, the true balance is the 20/30+ good years before and after of good relations. 8)
not shmingking of gin
theDingle

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:19 am

Not a wordy book, but a very entertaining one :D

I wonder how many postcards were exchanged among the (for a time) feuding Fabs: G to J and vice-versa, likewise the G-P and P-J "threads".
Berkeleyan

Previous

Return to RINGO