Ringo

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:09 pm

quote:
quote:
I've not checked online companies for Ringo's stuff - and for that matter, some of George's other albums, too, as all I have of his are ATMP and Dark Horse.

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.

Dude, you gotta get Cloud Nine. It's great!

I've heard a fair bit of praise on it from a few people, and I do know that Jeff Lynne worked on it - what year was this album?

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby BandOnTheRun1 » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:22 pm

Cloud Nine was late 80's. Right before or right after the first Willbury's album. It's my second choice for best George Harrison album. Good album, but a bit too ELO-ish for my taste. That's the only thing that keeps it from being great. Lynne's heavy stamp is all over it. Thank goodness Paul didn't let him take over Flaming Pie like he took over part of Cloud Nine. If you like Jeff Lynne, you'll love CN.
BandOnTheRun1

Postby Brains » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:24 pm

Cloud 9 was released in 1987. It contained a nr 1 hit single: Got My Mind Set On You. I think it has some nice songs (When We Was Fab, Cloud 9) but overall it's too much Jeff Lynne and too little George. You know, synths and all.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby KK (booted) » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:08 pm

quote:
Cloud 9 was released in 1987. It contained a nr 1 hit single: Got My Mind Set On You. I think it has some nice songs (When We Was Fab, Cloud 9) but overall it's too much Jeff Lynne and too little George. You know, synths and all.

You guys kill me....That's what it takes, Fish on the sand, This is love, When we was fab, Devils radio, Got my mind set on you! This album kicks ass Jeff Lynne or not!
KK (booted)

Postby BandOnTheRun1 » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:44 pm

I repeat, sir, good album, but a bit too ELO-ish for my taste. No one's trying to kill anyone here.

I thought forums were for opinions, hopefull expressed with enthusiasm and some decorum. Your exclamation points would suggest more of the former and much less of the latter.
BandOnTheRun1

Postby KK (booted) » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:51 pm

quote:
I repeat, sir, good album, but a bit too ELO-ish for my taste. No one's trying to kill anyone here.

I thought forums were for opinions, hopefull expressed with enthusiasm and some decorum. Your exclamation points would suggest more of the former and much less of the latter.

You've posted 11 times and now you're an expert? I can't get anyone to admit that Paul's voice is awful on TTLF or that Cloud Nine is a great album? I don't understand this board? Cloud Nine is a great album no matter what this board thinks!
KK (booted)

Postby BandOnTheRun1 » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:58 pm

Sir, I truly doubt that the number of points or posts is in any way related to ones' acumen on any given topic or obviously their maturity and ease in which they express themselves.

Opinions are what makes forums like these what they are. But only when expressed with some class.
BandOnTheRun1

Postby KK (booted) » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:00 pm

quote:
Sir, I truly doubt that the number of points or posts is in any way related to ones' acumen on any given topic or obviously their maturity and ease in which they express themselves.

Opinions are what makes forums like these what they are. But only when expressed with some class.

So what about my opinion?
KK (booted)

Postby BandOnTheRun1 » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:03 pm

It's been duly noted, you are entitled to it, and it was not shouted down. You, sir, seemed quite petulant when someone disagreed wtih your view on Cloud Nine--(when in fact I stated quite clearly that it was a good album). Not the other way around.
BandOnTheRun1

Postby Brains » Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:09 pm

BOTR, where did you learn to talk like that?

A discussion forum is not about getting people to admit Cloud 9 is a great album or admitting Paul sounds terrible on TTLF. Everyone states his or her opinion, which is then noted.
I think it's interesting to see what others think of Cloud 9, but my personal opinion is that it's too Jeff Lynneish. I won't change that opinion because someone else thinks differently.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

PreviousNext

Return to RINGO