Ringo

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby BandOnTheRun1 » Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:22 pm

Poor Ringo hasn't put out a good piece of music since RINGO in 1973. Stop and Smell the Music would be a better title. To each his own. Great guy--and he's had his moments certainly as a solo artist. (I Love It Dont Come Easy) But "Roses" just smells-----bad.
BandOnTheRun1

Postby dsnito » Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:31 pm

I think "Goodnight Vienna" is a good album, not much as "Ringo" but nice to hear.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:36 pm

I wish I could comment, but I get the strong suspicion I'm going to have to wait until he dies for his stuff to be reissued over here. I'm assuming it's been deleted, although I've never looked. I suppose I could check, first off . . .

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)

Postby KK (booted) » Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:45 pm

quote:
I wish I could comment, but I get the strong suspicion I'm going to have to wait until he dies for his stuff to be reissued over here. I'm assuming it's been deleted, although I've never looked. I suppose I could check, first off . . .

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.

Can't you buy it on Amazon.com?
KK (booted)

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:47 pm

I've not checked online companies for Ringo's stuff - perhaps I should. I'm already looking for Foreigner and Styx stuff with an online company recommended to me from a friend, and when I'm back in funds (I'm a student), I shall get some. I could have a look for Ringo - and for that matter, some of George's other albums, too, as all I have of his are ATMP and Dark Horse.

Liam OSM

Postby BandOnTheRun1 » Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:57 pm

quote:
I think "Goodnight Vienna" is a good album, not much as "Ringo" but nice to hear.

Peace.

Yes,DS--that was the follow-up to "RINGO". Not in the same league as RINGO, but decent enough, I guess.
BandOnTheRun1

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:59 pm

Question - is that "decent enough" by Beatle standards? Because a lot of people I've met often tend to expect nothing less than perfection from The Beatles and come down like a ton of bricks on anything less than perfect . . .

Liam OSM

Postby BandOnTheRun1 » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:04 pm

No OSM--decent enough when compared with the RINGO album. You can't compare Richard Starkey's solo career with the Beatles-that would be silly, as there is no comparison in my opinion. "It Don't Come Easy" was as close to Beatle-like material that Mr Starkey will ever get, I'm afraid.
BandOnTheRun1

Postby KK (booted) » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:07 pm

quote:
I've not checked online companies for Ringo's stuff - perhaps I should. I'm already looking for Foreigner and Styx stuff with an online company recommended to me from a friend, and when I'm back in funds (I'm a student), I shall get some. I could have a look for Ringo - and for that matter, some of George's other albums, too, as all I have of his are ATMP and Dark Horse.

Dude, you gotta get Cloud Nine. It's great!
KK (booted)

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:08 pm

quote:
No OSM--decent enough when compared with the RINGO album. You can't compare Richard Starkey's solo career with the Beatles-that would be silly, as there is no comparison in my opinion. "It Don't Come Easy" was as close to Beatle-like material that Mr Starkey will ever get, I'm afraid.

Just asking - I mean, obviously comparing Ringo to The Beatles is difficult, as his singing and writing contributions were minimal. I was just wondering, that's all.

Liam OSM

PreviousNext

Return to RINGO