Ringo

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby dsnito » Fri Jul 19, 2002 5:45 am

Yes, Mr.Kite, would be interesting. He said that when was a little kid he ever was listening to his dad´s radio those standards as much as Ringo and most of kids of their generation did and those ever bring good memories to themselves. Well, in the same way, me myself and most of contemporaries love Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin, and many others of 60s and 70s that ever rocked our lives. Each musical and artistic generation has memories and inspiration in the past generations, isn´t it??

Peace.

Edited by - dsnito on 07/19/2002 05:48:31
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Liam OSM » Fri Jul 19, 2002 8:10 am

quote:
I agree too re Ringo's voice. Paul's said they used to write songs especially for his lack of vocal range. But as you guys just said, his voice is so warm it just makes me feel warm inside.

Agreed. There's just some likeable quality to it - and his voice always tends to suit the songs he sings!

The difference between genius and insanity is merely the difference between success and failure.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:43 am

Yeah that's true, just listen to "Six O'Clock" sang by Ringo, wrote by Paul with himself on backing vocal(plus Linda) and his cool synth solos... just fabulous!!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:49 am

And talking 'bout Ringo, 7th July was his birthday!!! He's just 62 now, a young-hearted good old man!!!! It's a little bit late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY RINGO STARR!!! GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby shinestar » Sun Jul 21, 2002 12:43 pm

Ringo being the warm and easy-going guy he is were the main reasons other than his drumming that The Beatles wanted him in the group. I guess Pete Best was hard to get along with and unreliable showing up, and Ringo always ready to pitch in although he was in another band. He and Paul struck up a friendship and Paul didn't get along with Pete, and that's how Ringo got in the band.
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mr. kite » Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:48 pm

Yes that's why Ringo was the buddy of all. I just remember the time he walked out of their recording session and as a gesture of apology the other three decorated his drum set with flowers. Nice guy Ringo!
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby shinestar » Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:18 am

Yes, he was always the adult in that group. And you know it had to be something really big for him to walk out!
shinestar
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby scrodfish256 » Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:53 am

Ringo comes across like he would be the friendlest of the bunch. It's amazing how many people consider him as their favorite beatle. He was my favorite at first.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby dsnito » Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:51 pm

Changing the matter, I was re-watching Led Zep's "The Song Remains The Same" film and seeing the awesome "Bonzo" Bonham's drums solo on "Moby Dick"( almost 20 min.!) and I thought about Ringo's little drums solo on "The End" track... He once said that didn't like much to do solos, but George Martin encouraged him to do it. I'm recalling just a Ringo's little drums solo on "Devil Woman"track of "Ringo" album, though also was played beside the fellow-drummer Jim Keltner.

Peace.

Edited by - dsnito on 07/23/2002 15:52:33

Edited by - dsnito on 07/23/2002 15:53:47
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ram1 » Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:15 pm

i've said this before, but Richard "Ringo Starr" Starkey is an AWESOME drummer. The only reason why most people don't think so is because, like Dsnito said, he DIDN'T WANT to do all the fancy solos and stuff. Ringo said that his job as a drummer is to just keep the beat, and that's what he does. If Ringo really wanted to, he could go off on the drumset. As mentioned, just listen to 'The End.' He can do it when he wants to. He just usually doesn't want to.

PS--Dsnito, I LOVE 'The Song Remains The Same'!!! That film is amazing!! And guess what? That was actually Led Zep on a BAD night!! When the group saw the film, they were dissapointed with their performance!! Can you believe that?? I heard they were particularly dissapointed with the 29-minute long 'Dazed and Confused', (which is unbelievable because I think it's the highlight of the concert.) But I think I heard on good nights, they'd actually play D&C for 45 minutes!! If you can believe that!!
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to RINGO