From The Who to THIS??

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

From The Who to THIS??

Postby Ram1 » Tue May 11, 2004 7:53 pm

October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

Postby Bluebird » Thu May 13, 2004 8:10 am

Cool news Watson :) Let´s hope he is better than his proud father :D
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby kylestyle » Fri May 14, 2004 12:12 am

Ugh, I think Oasis suck. Whiney sucky voice and his hands behind his back and trying to make copycat "British Invasion"-style music...eeeew. Blur were much cooler. At least they could write more original, innovative songs and arrange their music with some interesting instrumentation.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)

Postby Bluebird » Fri May 14, 2004 8:39 am

kylestyle wrote:Ugh, I think Oasis suck. Whiney sucky voice and his hands behind his back and trying to make copycat "British Invasion"-style music...eeeew. Blur were much cooler. At least they could write more original, innovative songs and arrange their music with some interesting instrumentation.
I love Oasis, I think Noel and Liam are a kind of team writers like Lennon/McCartney.
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Sat May 15, 2004 6:46 pm

Oh, BPF do you think so?? Well, I respect your opinion but...Oasis talents reaching half of what The Beatles did, it´s already a GREAT deal for them...
Maybe Zak Starr could play well but never had nor will have the same dad´s distinction...I even think he could go far being with groups like The Who and even with Oasis...
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Sun May 16, 2004 6:13 am

There will never be such a good group as Beatles again. They was born the rigth time and noone will ever do that again, but if we see the future on the music, I think Oasis have some of the talents as Beatles. With two good songwriters and a band who could play.
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Ridge_top_farm_WV » Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:00 am

Bluebird wrote:There will never be such a good group as Beatles again. They was born the rigth time and noone will ever do that again, but if we see the future on the music, I think Oasis have some of the talents as Beatles. With two good songwriters and a band who could play.

The song writing team in Oasis is pale in comparison to the Lennon /McCartney team and Lennon and McCartney as solo artists, not to mention George Harrisons shining moments as a Beatle and his hit and miss solo work.

Lennon/McCartney and Harrison best songs stand the tests of time. They sound as good today as they did 30 to 35 years ago.

IMHO
Ridge_top_farm_WV

Postby kylestyle » Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:31 am

Ridge_top_farm_WV wrote:
Bluebird wrote:There will never be such a good group as Beatles again. They was born the rigth time and noone will ever do that again, but if we see the future on the music, I think Oasis have some of the talents as Beatles. With two good songwriters and a band who could play.

The song writing team in Oasis is pale in comparison to the Lennon /McCartney team and Lennon and McCartney as solo artists, not to mention George Harrisons shining moments as a Beatle and his hit and miss solo work.

Lennon/McCartney and Harrison best songs stand the tests of time. They sound as good today as they did 30 to 35 years ago.

IMHO

I agree. I believe bands like Supergrass and Suede will be more richly appreciated than Oasis in 25-30 years. No one will care that the Gallagher brothers tried to copy Lennon and McCartney with an annoying whine, but people will rediscover other nuggests from the 90s Britpop explosion and find there were more interesting bands around, playing better-crafted songs than Oasis. Even The Charlatans and the Super Furry Animals have a prouder recording legacy than Oasis. Blur are another. If you want to go even further back, My Bloody Valentine. The list goes on. Maybe one or two of their songs will stand the test of time ("Wonderwall" and "Supersonic", maybe "Don't Look Back In Anger") but there was a whole lot more going on in 90s Britpop than Liam and Noel.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Return to RINGO