Ringo compared to Charlie Watts

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby dsnito » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:42 am

Berkeleyan wrote: Congratulations are in order, SIR, for your 4000th post !!!!

Thanks a lot, fella!! 8) This is just my "JOB"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Berkeleyan wrote:Well let's put it this way: Charlie seems to be kind of a shy, quiet individual with wide tastes in music, but when he is being filmed (for a video clip of the Stones, for instance), he tends to show what he actually is but in such a theatrical way - exaggerating his manneirisms (facial ones) to show himself as some kind of cynical, critical guy (note the cynical faces he makes while on video, like he's saying - hey you Mick, you're blowing all this out of porportion, and stuff like that!)

If we look that better, it really seems so, my friend!! :) 8)
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:53 am

Now I´m just the second fastest :D
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Re: Ringo compared to Charlie Watts

Postby Ridge_top_farm_WV » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:13 pm

Bluebird wrote:Even Ringo wasn´t the best drummer in the world I think he has a bigger image for Beatles that Charlie has for Stones. Beatles Let also Ringo sings a good numbers of song and they we´re still popular, Charlie did never sings for stones because it will shocks all their fans to burn their records. :D

Ringo was not the worst drummer in the World either,and what songs he sang with the Beatles and solo he sounds very good. " He does a very good vocal on IE: "With A Little Help From My Friends","Octopus Garden" " It Don't Come Easy".
His drum playing on side 2 of Abbey Road " The End" sounds great.
Lennon once said Ringo had the "best backbeat in the business"

Paul does alright on the drums too.
Ridge_top_farm_WV

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:42 am

Oh yes !

But there's some sad news on Charlie, though - the papers said a couple of days ago that Charlie has been battling throat cancer for a month now.
But the prognosis is optimistic for him !
Hopefully he'll win that fight !
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:15 pm

Berkeleyan wrote:But there's some sad news on Charlie, though - the papers said a couple of days ago that Charlie has been battling throat cancer for a month now.
But the prognosis is optimistic for him !
Hopefully he'll win that fight !

Yes, really sad indeed...let's pray for him...
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby esto » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:46 am

Without Charlie there will be no more Stones, Mick, Keth and Ron would rather die on stage than quit the band. So let's really hope Charlie will be well again.
esto
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ridge_top_farm_WV » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:36 am

esto wrote:Without Charlie there will be no more Stones, Mick, Keth and Ron would rather die on stage than quit the band. So let's really hope Charlie will be well again.

I always thought it was odd to look at the band without Bill Wyman in it,just like a big part of it missing something. I wonder why Wyman quit,was there a conflict or was he just tired of the same old same old ?
Ridge_top_farm_WV

Postby Berkeleyan » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 am

As far as I know Bill has had two major interests in life other than music: his restaurant(s) (BTW one of them is named "Sticky Fingers") and young, very young and pretty ladies. Constant touring with the Stones was putting a major damper on those interests of his so he quit (in the very late 80's, if I'm not mistaken).

I must say my favorite bass sound on the Stones' albums is Bill's for sure.
I think he was an excellent bass player for the Stones.
Berkeleyan

Postby Ridge_top_farm_WV » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:14 am

Berkeleyan wrote:As far as I know Bill has had two major interests in life other than music: his restaurant(s) (BTW one of them is named "Sticky Fingers") and young, very young and pretty ladies. Constant touring with the Stones was putting a major damper on those interests of his so he quit (in the very late 80's, if I'm not mistaken).

I must say my favorite bass sound on the Stones' albums is Bill's for sure.
I think he was an excellent bass player for the Stones.

I liked to hear Bill's songs,I also liked to hear Keith sing as well. Keith sang " Happy" didn't he ?
Ridge_top_farm_WV

Postby Berkeleyan » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:10 pm

Yeah, that's right ! Keith's voice is hoarse, no range at all, probably his vocal cords are pretty damaged by his lifestyle but it's kind of fun to hear to his occasional vocals.

As for Bill's songs, I do not know any. I do know that several famous friends of his have collaborated occasionally, for instance George Harrison recorded some stuff on a Wyman album a few months before passing away. I miss George a lot. Sometimes I listen to some of his work and it always does wonders to my frame of mind.
Berkeleyan

PreviousNext

Return to RINGO