Sentimental Journey/Beaucoups Of Blues

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Sentimental Journey/Beaucoups Of Blues

Postby dsnito » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:30 am

The two Ringo´s releases soon after the breakup wondered many Beatle-fans for the two different styles, the 40s Big Bands mood of the first and the Nashville Sound mood of the second, though both didn´t reach expressive position on the charts...but I ever admired Ringo´s courage and effort to do those albums. I think those resulted in fair works taking into account that was just Ringo, only the "4th" Beatle... Even Frank Sinatra stated(saw it somewhere)that time about SJ´s "Night and Day" cover that despite Ringo´s voice is not that powerful, it´s quite warmful that granted a tenderness to his performance...coming from Sinatra, Ringo must had been felt much praised I think...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby theDingle » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:37 am

dsnito, Ringo once stated that SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY was for his Mum plus all his aunties and uncles. I adore it. It was the first solo Beatle album I ever bought. The ad-lib at the end of Blue, Turning Grey Over You is classic Ringo humor, worth the price of admission alone!

The Beaucoups Of Blues tune is also one of my favorites; bare bones & no frills but a country gem nonetheless.
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Bluebird » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:15 am

Thedingle:
The Beaucoups Of Blues tune is also one of my favorites; bare bones & no frills but a country gem nonetheless.

Also one of my farvorits, but it didn´t unfortunately sold much.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Return to RINGO