Y Not how is it?

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Y Not how is it?

Postby linclink » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 pm

I want to say that this is in no way a ringing endorsement, nor do I think that this album is even close in quality to "Liverpool 8" or any of the albums from "Time Takes Time" up to then (all of which I think are great albums BTW), but...
I may have been a bit harsh on this initially- due in large part to feeling the velocity of what a drop off in quality this is.
I still think it's his weakest effort since "Old Wave", but I wanted to say that there are a group of Ringo albums that this one either falls into, or betters: "Y Not", "Old Wave", "Stop & Smell The Roses", "Rotogravure". While not great efforts, they certainly do have some redeeming qualities. And I wonder if in time if this could jump up to the level with "Goodnight Vienna" & "Beaucoups Of Blues"? I don't feel it now, but it may at least be at the top of the other heap.
There is certainly a clear & fairly severe drop-off in quality compared to what I loved about the works from 1992 onwards, but while there's only a few truly great songs here-certainly "Walk With You" & probably "Everyone Wins",- there are some better than worse songs that have really grown on me of late- "Mystery Of The Night", "Time", "Can't Do It Wrong", "Y Not", & "Peace Dream". So that's only three outright duds, against two true winners and a happy little crop of 5 pretty decent also ran songs that are more the center of a far from great, but maybe good album.
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Postby Mark Rink » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:08 pm

Hey Mike when are we going to hear some of Y-NOT ? :-C
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby glassonion » Sat May 29, 2010 7:52 am

I think it's a good (but not great), enjoyable album. With famous, great guests. :smile: I love the song with Joss Stone.
glassonion

Postby Mark Rink » Sat May 29, 2010 11:35 am

%-( who's your Daddy I can't go on sorry Ringo
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Previous

Return to RINGO