Ringo in "fan fracas"

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Ringo in "fan fracas"

Postby I am the Paulrus » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Ringo in "fan fracas"

Weds., November 11, 2008

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/8/20081111/ten ... c8aba.html

Ringo Starr told a fan to "f*ck off" at an award ceremony in Monaco on Sunday night, according to reports.

The former Beatles' legend is said to have upset a woman at the annual event, where he collected a prize for his former band.

The group were winners of the Diamond Award at the event, which saw Beyonce and Coldplay also accepting gongs.

Speaking about the incident involving Starr, a 'source' explained: "A middle-aged woman ran over and threw her arms around him, almost knocking him over.

"Ringo was a bit shocked, he just wanted to get away. After he shouted at her she looked absolutely stunned, but he just walked away."

The drummer recently stunned fans by informing them that he would no longer respond to their letters and would instead bin all correspondence.
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Re: Ringo in "fan fracas"

Postby ahawk66 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:02 pm

Sounds like the woman deserved it.
ahawk66

Postby Mike » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:56 pm

You can be a fan without attacking the person. She no doubt cross that line and Ringo has every right just to tell her or anyone to F*CK OFF. We know Paul certainly has in recent times when fans just go too far.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Harrythebannister » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:26 pm

Right or wrong, the sad thing is Ringo is getting so much negative press at the moment. The vultures are bound to jump on something like this and blow it out of all proportion and at the end of the day it's only going to add fuel to the grumpy old man image he has at present. :(
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mark Rink » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:10 pm

Here we go again with Ringo.If he told me to F***k off I would tell him to F***k off as well and ask him to tell Pete Best I said hello. :salute
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby flextint » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:22 pm

If someone runs at you and allmost knocks you over and you are almost 70 yrs old what do you say?Thank you and please do it again!!!!Seriously,leave the remaing beatles alone there are only 2 left for f--k sakes!!!
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:07 pm

i don't think i have the discipline to do it, but if you are going to be in the public spotlight...you have to be cool. you have to be in control of yourself and your actions. i am in no way defending the woman who hugged him. but he should have reacted differently. because now, thanks to his recent behavior, there is a whole group of youngsters, who know him not for being the beatle's drummer, but that crabby old guy who wont sign anything and tells fans to f*ck off. it's not fair, and it's not accurate...but sometimes if enough people hear enough bullsh*t about you, it becomes known as the truth.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby flextint » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:23 pm

Young people are getting used to this stuff ,groups like oasis have punched fans in the face and have said worst to fans on stage during a show.Amy winehouse threw a punch at a fan at a show not long ago.But ringo says a bad word to a crazy fan and well thats it for ringo his legend is tarnished for ever!!!I really cant beleive it.
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:29 am

Lot's of nut jobs out there. Been there done that with John, so when anything like that happens, you get more than a little starr-tled. :)
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:13 am

shouldn't he have said "back off!" (boogaloo) :D

Ringo, Ringo, Ringo; these young celebrities should try and keep themselves out of the papers :roll:
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Return to RINGO