Best drumming on a Beatles track

Discussions related to Ringo Starr as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Best drumming on a Beatles track

Postby Harrythebannister » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:10 pm

I think his drumming on "Boys" is great aswell!
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby efghijiloveyou » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:23 pm

The hardest thing about drumming is keeping time and Ringo's among the very best. I'm not that impressed with flash as much as I am with serving the song, doing what's best for the song. If low key makes for a better track, then flash only gets in the way. It sounds like a no-brainer, but I've worked with drummers who would rather serve themselves; make the song about the drumming, not the song. Trying to list Ringo's top performances is really like giving a roll call of virtually anything he did with the Beatles. All the ones mentioned here are great, but no one mentioned "I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Cry (over you)" from Beatles Live at the BBC- outstanding! Also from that album "Ooh! My Soul". There are a lot of simple sounding songs that in reality aren't that easy to do ( "All I've Got to Do", "You Can't Do That", "No Reply", "The Word", "Come Together"...the list just goes on and on...) which may be why flashy drummers prefer flash- some songs require 'simpler' patterns, which are conversly more challenging to some.
efghijiloveyou
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Girl4Beats » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:45 pm

Best Drumming on a Beatles Track? All of them.
Girl4Beats
Bronze member
Bronze member

Previous

Return to RINGO