traveling wilburies

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

traveling wilburies

Postby scrodfish256 » Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:21 pm

I just saw the video for "end of the line" on vh1 classic rock. It's been a while since i've seen it but it's a Great song and vid. It made me a little sad though.
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Wed Oct 30, 2002 12:11 am

Yeah, Scrod. Both George and Roy are gone now. It's sad. The Wilburies wrote some great melodic tunes. I mean, it's no wonder, with the talented lineup.
Ram1

Postby scrodfish256 » Wed Oct 30, 2002 12:44 am

Ya, no doubt. I know what cd i'm listening to on the way to work tomorrow.[;)]
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby The Man » Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:51 pm

quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256

I don't have any Travelling Wilbury's CD's so when I walked into the HMV store in the heart of the city, I was surprised that they didn't have them. I asked for them at the counter and they told me that they've been deleted. What The?????
The Man

Postby Ram1 » Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:59 pm

quote:Originally posted by The Man
quote:Originally posted by scrodfish256

I don't have any Travelling Wilbury's CD's so when I walked into the HMV store in the heart of the city, I was surprised that they didn't have them. I asked for them at the counter and they told me that they've been deleted. What The?????

Yeah, they're out of print, The Man. Maybe you can track them down on a place like Amazon or something though. I don't know.
Ram1

Postby The Man » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:03 am

Yeah thanks Ram, you still can't get any George Harrison CD's here apart from ATMP and the original best of. Occasionally you see an import copy of Extra Texture or Dark Horse but they're very expensive.

I guess Amazon and ebay are the way to go but you'd think that for someone of George's stature his fans would have easy access to purchasing his music.
The Man

Postby Liam OSM » Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:14 am

Yeah - I know the feeling. About £17 last time I looked . . . [:0]
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Fri Nov 08, 2002 11:19 am

I even refuse to see the price of my country's currency about anything imported(gulp)!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby DylansMrJones » Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:21 pm

The two Wilburys CDs are out of print in the US. I consider myself lucky that I found both Volumes 1 & 3 in a used CD store, and paid 14 dollars for both of them. I had to change the scratched up & cracked jewel cases, but they were in otherwise pristine condition. Another used shop has Vol.1 selling for 44 dollars. It's a crime that these two CDs are out of print.

George Harrison's LIVE IN JAPAN set is also out of print, and shouldn't be. I had to settle for a CD burn of it for the time being. LIJ gets a bit of flack, but I think it's quite good. Maybe they'll reissue it and include Clapton's set as well someday?

I see ALL THINGS MUST PASS, LIVING IN THE MATERIAL WORLD, DARK HORSE and EXTRA TEXTURE in he stores frequently, but LITMW, DH and ET are priced way too high. They should be $12.99 if you ask me. The recording industry wants 20 bucks a pop average for CDs, then they wonder why people resort to downloading instead.

I also see THE CONCERT FOR BANGLA DESH everywhere. I nearly bought it, but I heard a rumor that it was being remastered and expanded, so I waited. Looks like it hasn't happened yet. False rumor? Who knows.
DylansMrJones

Postby dsnito » Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:48 am

At least, I have "TW vol.1" on LP version but I lent the Bangladesh Concert LP to a guy I thought was my friend 9 yrs ago, and he moved to anywhere without warning, and I just don't have it anymore...very sad[V] And the worst is that the copy on cassete was spoiled...double sadness[V][V]!! My consolation is that I could taped the Bangladesh Concert on TV...Hey, it reminds me to make a new copy 'cos it was 15 yrs ago!!

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Next

Return to GEORGE