Documentary on George Harrison in works for Martin Scorsese

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby I am the Paulrus » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:21 am

Does anyone know of a documentary on GH that Martin Scorsese is planning to film?

Based from this article: http://www.destak.pt/artigos.php?art=2745

Martin Scorsese prepares set of documents on "beatle" George Harrison

August 8, 2007

The North American producer Martin Scorsese, who recently concluded a set of documents on the Rolling Stones, "Shine light", prepares itself now to twirl a film, also documentary, of homage to the deceased Beatle George Harrison, notified the German magazine Horzu cited for the El periodical today Parents.

In accordance with the explanations given for the producer, in a letter where it invites old German friends of the guitarist to participate in the set of documents, the new film will look for "to explore the multiple faces, spirit and music of Harrison".

Scorsese invited the photographer Astrid Kirchherr and the ilustrador Klaus Voormann, who had known of close "beatle".

Kirchherr made a photograph series the black color and white of the band when this actuou in Hamburg and Voorman was the author of the layer of the lendário album To dig.

"I didn't hesitate a second in accepting Scorsese's proposal. George and I were like brothers", said the photographer, who kept a close contact with Harrison, until his death, of cancer, in 2001.

The German magazine also reports that George's widow Olivia, and his son Dhani, accepted to open their private archives to Scorsese for the documentary, that will be filmed in September, in London.
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Re: Documentary on George Harrison in works for Martin Scorsese

Postby EddieV » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:57 am

Loking forward to this!

Great director
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter