Live In Japan

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Harry » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:44 am

Dark Horse sounds really good on this, better than the original studio version. My favourite track is Cloud 9, a real scorching version.
Harry

Postby Bluebird » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:17 am

I´m very glad that George showed us what a great writer he was, and with this album we aren´t in doubt.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby 2 of 3 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:04 am

There has to be video SOMEWHERE of Live In Japan right? I mean somebody had to have taped this? :?:
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Berkeleyan » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:36 am

In the mid 90's I purchased a VHS tape of one of the shows at a Japanise Castle from one Dave Stein (N. Jersey), who used to make a living out of dealings like that. The video was pretty bad - someone had the camera pretty shaky for plenty of time, the sound quality was not good....I don't regret the deal - actually I'm glad I did because it's a rare memento with George playing live and it was cheap (about US$ 15).

You may wanna try and locate this guy through the net. He used to have every Beatle item imaginable (acc. to his brochure at the time).
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Under-rated

Postby Paperback Writer » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:41 am

The re-mastered Live In Japan is wonderful, not sure why all the bad reviews here? Have you listened to it? It's live, it's a great set-list. It beats the pants off of the Concert For George versions, not only because it's George doing his songs, but no one could come close to vocalizing the weariness of his lyrics, angst, Beatle experience and ambivalence. It's George in his purest essence. He is not Pop Paul. I love Pop Paul for who he is and George for who he is. This recording is who George is as a musician! Dig it?
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Love & Peace » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:41 am

I LIKE LISTENING TO LIVE IN JAPAN. I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS GREAT. I ALSO AGREE THAT GEORGE WAS UNCOMFORTABLE ON STAGE. JUST NOT IN HIS ELEMENT. IN THE EARLY DAYS WITH THE BEATLES EVERYBODY ADORED PAUL AND JOHN, SO HE SEEMS CONTENT WITH THAT. JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT BEING THE QUIET ONE WAS WHAT HE WANTED. HE WANT SUCCESS NOT TO BE FAMOUS.
Love & Peace

Postby Love & Peace » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:41 am

I LIKE LISTENING TO LIVE IN JAPAN. I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS GREAT. I ALSO AGREE THAT GEORGE WAS UNCOMFORTABLE ON STAGE. JUST NOT IN HIS ELEMENT. IN THE EARLY DAYS WITH THE BEATLES EVERYBODY ADORED PAUL AND JOHN, SO HE SEEMS CONTENT WITH THAT. JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT BEING THE QUIET ONE WAS WHAT HE WANTED. HE WANT SUCCESS NOT TO BE FAMOUS.
Love & Peace

Postby Berkeleyan » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:05 am

I hope Olivia and Dhani will give thumbs up for a future DVD release of "Live in Japan". And come to think of it, I hope they'll release a "George Anthology" kind of CD boxset soon enough !
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan

Postby Florance » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:33 am

I really like the Live in Japan album. I don't understand al the bad reviews. It's really great to hear most of the songs, especially the cloud nine songs, and the brillant version of while my guitar gently weeps. I love the album. I don't like al the albums of george harrison, but this live album is one of the few I like from the first time I heard it.
Florance

Postby EddieV » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:11 am

I liked the album very much.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to GEORGE