Live In Japan

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Live In Japan

Postby Wings » Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:41 pm

I have a CD of George Live in Japan with Eric Clapton.I think around 1990? Anyone know if there is a video out of this concert? I dont have any of George live footage except on the Dylan 30th tribute where he plays "Sweet Marie", AWSOME!
Wings

Live In Japan

Postby Wings » Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:41 pm

I have a CD of George Live in Japan with Eric Clapton.I think around 1990? Anyone know if there is a video out of this concert? I dont have any of George live footage except on the Dylan 30th tribute where he plays "Sweet Marie", AWSOME!
Wings

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:11 pm

Wings...haha...I waiting when we could argue about this one again...or maybe it was Mr Kite..I cant remember...

If there IS video, I hope it's a silent movie. The worst live album of all time. Without question. George deserved some overdubbing rights to this turkey. The sound quality is terrible, as well. The arrangements are not good, and the band sounds as if it rehearsed for amybe 15 minutes before show time. I was never more disappointed as I was when i finally got my hands on this one. PEEEEE YEWWWWWWW.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Thomas » Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:30 pm

I like it
Thomas

Postby Steve-o » Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:20 pm

quote:Originally posted by Thomas
I like it

Yeah, Thomas...I remember the last time this came up. I was alone on this one. I tried it again a few weeks ago, and had the same reaction. Maybe it's just me---probably is. I'll ask my shrink, LOL.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby nicholeantoinette » Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:25 pm

I've heard some of it. I especially love George's If I Needed Someone!
nicholeantoinette

Postby Wings » Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:25 pm

I have to agree with Stevew628. It's not very good. He sounds awful. I guess thats why he did not put out a video? Or for that matter tour in the USA.
Wings

Postby Steve-o » Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:31 pm

Finally---someone who agrees with me on this. AT least I know it's not just me. That's two of us, Wings. [:D]
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby The Man » Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:09 am

I think you're being abit harsh, maybe George's voice isn't the best but the playing was great. The versions of Something, I Want To Tell You and Dark Horse are awesome...and there's a song called Taxman which kicks abit of butt too.... but that's just my opinion...
The Man

Postby Aujouret » Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:55 am

Yes, I did see a Live video of this double CD on Ebay and I think also bootlegs of it around. Maybe Saturn Records online?
I'd love to have it, too[:)]
I love the Live in Japan Cds.
I was just thinking about the point that Steve is making. You know, to be very honest, I don't think I ever paid too much attention as to the quality of the Cds. I didn't care for the background singers on While My Guitar... I remember that, but I enjoyed listening to Eric and George trade off solos....
I think because getting live George material was so rare, that I really wouldn't DARE think of sound quality and production. Just listening to dear George is so special..
Aujouret
Silver member
Silver member

Next

Return to GEORGE