LOVE

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

LOVE

Postby drbecky » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:55 pm

I just received my copy of 'Love' which I bought through Macca-Central. Just to the new verison of 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps,' is worth the entire cost of the CD. It the first time in years I've cried over a song for it simple beauty.
drbecky
Supporter
Supporter

Re: LOVE

Postby Scott Dossett » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:17 pm

drbecky wrote:I just received my copy of 'Love' which I bought through Macca-Central. Just to the new verison of 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps,' is worth the entire cost of the CD. It the first time in years I've cried over a song for it simple beauty.

I've had mine for over a week and yes WMGGW is my favorite also...Just the whole dang CD is great in my opinion. I also really like Octopus' Garden and Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows combo.
Scott Dossett

Postby EddieV » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:56 am

Scott Dossett wrote:
drbecky wrote:I just received my copy of 'Love' which I bought through Macca-Central. Just to the new verison of 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps,' is worth the entire cost of the CD. It the first time in years I've cried over a song for it simple beauty.

I've had mine for over a week and yes WMGGW is my favorite also...Just the whole dang CD is great in my opinion. I also really like Octopus' Garden and Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows combo.

That is the worst track on the album, I think. I like the Anthology version much better. Doesn´t do anything with strings

By the way there is a speciel section with Beatles albums
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:03 pm

Stawberry Fields Forever is my "Love" song of the moment
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paulo » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:47 am

I personally didn't enjoy very much the WMGGW treatment, as well; the original version on the white album is by far the best one.

Anyway, I think that in LOVE it was George's songs that got the best treatment: Here comes the sun (sounds so beautiful) and Within you (so cosmic)!
Paulo
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Laura » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:43 pm

I really enjoyed the Love cd I like Here Comes The Sun .
Laura
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DeRick » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:54 pm

I always loved the acoustic version of WMGGW over the white album version. "Love" just enhanced it, although wish the track would end where the song ends, i just don't think they tracked it right. It just don't sound right on my MP3 because you still hear the begining of "A Day in the Life".
Although i love the extra verse in that version, its kinda "personal" to me.
DeRick

Postby Ringo_Marr » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:00 pm

i like variety, i liked them all!
-with regards,
ringo m.

"all i've got is a photograph and i realize you're not coming back anymore"
Ringo_Marr

Postby maccamania102 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:23 pm

The Anthology acoustic is better without the strings, over the Love version with the strings to me. From what I have heard, there was a debate regarding putting the strings on it.
maccamania102

Postby residentofusa » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:58 pm

George Martin had stated that he was instructed to use only original Beatles recordings. Technically, he broke the rules with While My Guitar Gently Weeps. In my opinion, it's a very fitting final encore for one of the greatest producers of all time who actually retired years ago.
residentofusa

Next

Return to GEORGE