Why isn't George remembered as much as the others ??

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Why isn't George remembered as much as the others ??

Postby Beatlegirl61 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:35 am

:cry: I am a very emotional person and I feel that George is not being remembered for all the great music he has written an produced. It's that time of year, November 27th, that we should all be remembering him..Seems like he's still being treated as the SILENT Beatle...NOT !!

Please remember George and post some really positive things to remember the anniversary of his sad & untimely death. I know it's only been 4 years..but still...Remember him !! Thanks..

:!: Beatlegirl61

All things must pass, all things must pass away...
Beatlegirl61
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:23 am

George is always remebered, never forgotten. I was at the Concert for George, just so emotional

"but all ive got is this photograph and i realise you're not coming back anymore"
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mi » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:01 pm

I'm OK with his "silent one" reputation, that doesn't mean he was less important. I am often considered as "the silent one" myself, though I know I don't sound like one.
It is mostly Beatles fans who can truely appreciate him and I am OK with that too. Sometimes it is the same with Paul. I'll never forget what I read in some Israeli song book - one that contains songs of a famous poet who died recently: One of her most famous songs (and one of the most beautiful one) was inspired directly by "Let It Be". It was written after one of the wars. Anyway, This song was in the book and at the bottom of the page it said - "inspired by the song Let It Be by John Lennon" :roll: . not even Lennon\McCartney. I think that was the only reason why I didn't buy this book...
Ahem...OK, sorry. Back to George. I remember reading somewhere that he was "the only member of the Beatles who didn't have a Charisma..." I just couldn't disagree more with that. Being silent has it's own "charisma" very often. Just watch him in "A Hard Day's Night" - he was the best actor of all four Beatles. Enough said!
George will always be rememered through Dhanny as well. The resemblense between them is just amazing.
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Love & Peace » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:26 am

George is my fav. I have more of his solo music then Lennon or McCartney. I find his music more strong, witty, and natural. I really miss him. But there's always his music that will fill my heart. CHANT AND BE HAPPY is really good also. His song GIVE ME LOVE (GIVE ME PEACE ON EARTH) is also another good one to listen too. It brings my heart PEACE.

MISS YOU GEORGE!!!!
Love & Peace

Return to GEORGE