Uncomfortable Anthology Moment

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby nerktwin » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:08 pm

This is what I heard happened that day to explain it. Paul, George, and Ringo were supposed to play "Let It Be" that day and George refused, saying he would not play that without John being there- he supposedly walked away from the building and there was a 3 hour discussion about it and all 3 returned, saying they would only play things like "Blue Moon of Kentucky" and "oldies" so that was what all that was about- and why he was acting that way.
nerktwin

Postby Beatle Lou » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:47 am

John's absence was a huge factor in why the "Threetles" never recorded a full record or even toured. I recall Paul saying something along the lines of, "we've decided that any 3 of us, are never as good all 4 of us" so in essence, no John, no full blown Beatle reunion album or concerts. George may have been upset with Paul in regards to his ego but he loved him and don't buy into that trash written by Geoffery Giuliano caled DARK HORSE the guy is a Beatle revisionist and total liar from what I've heard.
Beatle Lou

Postby mythepoeia » Sun May 21, 2006 9:01 am

[size=18]Wasn't it like in many 'families,' "You're a pain in the ass, but I love you anyway"? sort of thing?

ria:)
[/size]
http://www.myspace.com/wishingstarrzz
¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- *twirl*
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´
mythepoeia

Postby theDingle » Mon May 22, 2006 11:23 pm

"Beatle Lou" said:
George may have been upset with Paul in regards to his ego but he loved him and don't buy into that trash written by Geoffery Giuliano caled DARK HORSE the guy is a Beatle revisionist and total liar from what I've heard.
-------------------------------------------------------
True, Lou, the guy is a tabloid nincompoop! :wink:

"mythepoeia" said:
Wasn't it like in many 'families,' "You're a pain in the ass, but I love you anyway"? sort of thing?

ria:)
--------------------------------------------------------
That sounds right too, ria! 8)

The muse can at times be the culprit---an artist can get so driven by his vision that he thoughtlessly ends up running roughshod over perceived obstacles, like people, lol. Talented to a fault Paul was, but still accountable for his shortcomings. 8)
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Previous

Return to GEORGE