George and Monty Python

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby megs » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:48 pm

Berkeleyan wrote:Wow

So you displayed a refined sense of humor and penchant for satire at such a tender age ! I'm not kidding, congratulations to you !
Your parents must have those qualities as well !
well, when your 5 yrs old and see farm animals thrown over the side of a castle at people you think its pretty funny...and still is to this day :lol:
гигантские кролики!
megs
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Berkeleyan » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:31 am

YEP ! :D And what about those Frenchmen blowing raspberries ? :D
But there's also the subtle bits. One's got to be sharp to perceive ironies and criticism, also to see the humour in them.

How about the fight w/ the black knight ? And the bit about the old man on the precarious bridge asking questions to whoever wanted to go through ?

GREAT stuff.
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby Bluebird » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:28 am

dsnito wrote:I reckon Monty Python one of the finest english humour beside Mr.Bean...
I like that you say Beside Bean, cause bean is damn greatest humor entertainer in the world :cheers: :D
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby HeyJude » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:14 pm

Berkeleyan wrote:How about the fight w/ the black knight ? And the bit about the old man on the precarious bridge asking questions to whoever wanted to go through ?

GREAT stuff.

WAD! Those scenes all rule! One of my personal faves is Sir Robin and the songs about him :D BTW... Today at history class we were talking about the Arthur-legends and the teacher mentioned this new King Arthur movie, but also confessed that in her opinion the best movie adaptation ever of theses legends just has to be Holy Grail. Agreed! :mrgreen:
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby kylestyle » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:39 pm

Bluebird wrote:
dsnito wrote:I reckon Monty Python one of the finest english humour beside Mr.Bean...
I like that you say Beside Bean, cause bean is damn greatest humor entertainer in the world :cheers: :D

Yes but Rowan Atkinson outdid himself with the ultimate British comedy masterpiece - the Black Adder series! :lol:
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Postby Bluebird » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:32 am

kylestyle wrote:
Bluebird wrote:

Yes but Rowan Atkinson outdid himself with the ultimate British comedy masterpiece - the Black Adder series! :lol:
Yes his wonderful jokes is awesome! 8)
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Berkeleyan » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:24 am

Right ! I watched the whole of series I of BlackAdder and I thought it was brilliant !
Just one problem, though: I think it got TOO dark and nasty some times, TOO nasty, even for a veteran cynical like me....
Berkeleyan

Postby Berkeleyan » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:28 am

[/quote]WAD! Those scenes all rule! One of my personal faves is Sir Robin and the songs about him :D BTW... Today at history class we were talking about the Arthur-legends and the teacher mentioned this new King Arthur movie, but also confessed that in her opinion the best movie adaptation ever of theses legends just has to be Holy Grail. Agreed! :mrgreen:[/quote]

Yeah brave, brave Sir Robin - what a chicken s**t he was :lol:

"Bring out your dead !.....bring out your dead..." said the old guy with his carriage of sorts, going street by street :twisted:
Berkeleyan

Postby Bluebird » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:47 pm

Berkeleyan wrote:Right ! I watched the whole of series I of BlackAdder and I thought it was brilliant !
Just one problem, though: I think it got TOO dark and nasty some times, TOO nasty, even for a veteran cynical like me....
I love when it´s nasty and black :lol: :lol:
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Cologne girl » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:47 pm

I had thought of BlackAdder, too... I still remember the episode about the Spanish inquisition, where he said that one of the greatest problems was that the inquisitor "didn't speak English" - what a great way of making fun of himself and his compatriots. Also I liked the one about the German baddie with the funny accent who got discovered because his disguise as a cow was "too good" and he couldn't possibly be Nursey and where the baddie read a letter from the Queen saying, among others, "hope you're not too miffed, BYE" - what a laugh!! Great competition for Monty Python for sure.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to GEORGE