I ME MINE (book)

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

I ME MINE (book)

Postby Berkeleyan » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:01 am

It's supposed to contain all lyrics and associated comments from George (e.g. the genesis of the song), from the Beatles days up to 1977/78. I wonder why George did not include "Let It Down", one of his best songs from ATMP in my opinion.
I don't have a clue - does anyone... ?[?]
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

I ME MINE (book)

Postby Berkeleyan » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:01 am

It's supposed to contain all lyrics and associated comments from George (e.g. the genesis of the song), from the Beatles days up to 1977/78. I wonder why George did not include "Let It Down", one of his best songs from ATMP in my opinion.
Berkeleyan

Postby Steve-o » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:48 am

Not sure B....I do know that it's not a particularly well written book and it sort of just floats around. One of the worst post-Beatle books, IMHO. Wish we had more from him.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby dsnito » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:07 pm

I think George wrote it that way(I didn't read that yet, just heard comments)premeditatedly because he was ever on the group background, and couldn't show most of his works and all of his capacity...
Paul and John almost were not quoted on his book just for vengeance of him...but I think he after felt sorry about that...Hare Krishna.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:12 pm

quote:Originally posted by Berkeleyan

I agree Berk, if he didn't include LID it's a big lack on that...
Even less me I don't have nothing to say about this...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:15 pm

It's just a difficult read and whoever ghost wrote the thing for GH did a poor job. Too bad....we have so few books that let us know the real GH.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:55 pm

I've read the book and it's nothing like you said. It's just a collection of thoughts on most of the songs he has written. Nothing more and nothing less. I found it a good read as I'm sure most people do these days. If you find it at a good price it's worth picking up and listening to the songs as you read the notes on each.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Steve-o » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:50 pm

Look who's back from rehab or Iraq or France or wherever. CHOKE!

You have to be high to follow this poorly written book. It is JUST like I said. I think everyone bought it for $2.99 in the discard bins. Has some interesting bits, but it reads more like a 4 year old wrote it. As I said, the ghost writer should have done a better job, and I can't believe anyone published it. Probably lost a few bucks on this one. It is too bad that we don't have a more coherant offering from/about george.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:38 am

Enjoy it for what it is, just like any of Macca's average albums. If you can't even do that then you are a difficult man to please.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Berkeleyan » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:11 am

quote:Originally posted by Steve-o
It's just a difficult read and whoever ghost wrote the thing for GH did a poor job. Too bad....we have so few books that let us know the real GH.

Derek Taylor jotted down (better yet, transcribed) several hours of interviews in which George expressed his opinion and memories over a rather wide array of subjects. But the entertaining paragraphs on each set of lyrics presented in the book are by George.
Berkeleyan

Next

Return to GEORGE