Cloud 9

Discussions related to George Harrison as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Gastro (gone) » Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:00 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
NO. Worst track on the album, WAD. And he knows his fan base very well and keeps us happy, lol. Seriously---A dance track is not my idea of a risk. Rinse the Raindrops is. And I love it.

FITD would have been better if there more upbeat songs like Ouest le Soleil to complement the better ballads... I would have removed You Want her too, Distractions, How Many People and Motor of Love... for me they are unnecessary and don't cut it...

Paul is clearly not listening as sales of DR would tend to indicate.. I think his core fan base have had enough... remember that he had a big enough core base for each album to go gold... Rinse is good but it is hardly a risk either in my opinion, considering he had a 15 track record and it was the last song on it..
Gastro (gone)

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:29 pm

You have to be a rapper or a teen idol to sell records in today's world. Mature artists do not sell anymore, unfortunately.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:54 am

Yep.

BUT it's up to Paul and his next studio album to sound fresh & revigorated. His creative muse must be warming up after so many great things that have happened to him in the last 12 months or so. On the other hand, he's produced a large chunk of his best work UNDER PRESSURE. I believe the pressure about producing a HIT ALBUM has been removed off him by himself.

I just hope he will sound fresh and revigorated next time around ![:)]
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)

Postby Steve-o » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:34 am

He certainly sounded very fresh on Driving Rain...his best!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Berkeleyan » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:50 am

Sure, DR sounded fresh. And now they´re supposed to produce a follow-up. Should they stick to a certain formula or should they take a big leap - I hope they stick their necks out for rock´s sake. I want Paul and his men taking a lot of chances on their next effort. Yes, it´s got to be an effort on their part, not playing by numbers. On a positive level, the bigger the risk, the bigger the payoff. [:)]
Berkeleyan

Postby Gastro (gone) » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:18 pm

Amen!
Gastro (gone)

Postby Berkeleyan » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:41 am

If Macca steers to a daring album I will be on CLOUD 9...[:)]
Berkeleyan

Postby Steve-o » Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:05 pm

Driving Rain WAS quite daring. Hope he does it again. I dont want another "Off the Ground" type album (an inferior album that follows an exceptional one, ala FITD).
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ghavi » Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:29 pm

quote:Originally posted by dsnito
"Got My Mind Set On You", "When We Was Fab" and "Devil´s Radio", the top 3 of "Cloud Nine" to me... How would you rate that?? I think that´s nr.3 after ATMP and Brainwashed...

Peace.

Living in the material world is not so "popy" album but with a lot of filosofy, religion, and very deep mensagges... great album... not so understanded as ATMP...[;)]
Ghavi

Postby Berkeleyan » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:02 pm

I enjoy the large majority of George´s solo albums (that does not happen with John´s solo stuff, for instance).

Yes, Living in the Material World is a good one, although heavy on subject matter. You know, I think ATMP, Cloud 9 and Brainwashed are his best albums, BUT I must say I love Dark Horse and 33 & 1/3 as well ![:)][:)]
Berkeleyan

PreviousNext

Return to GEORGE