I Ate The Walrus

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Re: I Ate The Walrus

Postby james1985 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:52 pm

Cone-ly love remains!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:14 pm

Bluebird wrote:How does a walrus taste like?

most delish. a little wasabi infused mayo spread across the bottom slice of bread. some thinly sliced red onions, peppers and romaine lettuce. a nice slice of muenster cheese covering thickly sliced deep fried walrus...cooked to perfection. and covered up with a jalepeno and olive oil foccaccia bread.

tastes sort of like...chicken
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bluebird » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:42 am

:lol: I have to try it, may be pretty exspensive.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby linclink » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:11 am

I love Ice Cream, and sweet cream or caramel ice cream is as fave a kind as I have, so the base of this is great (like Dulce De Leche)...I also love Ben & Jerry's (most ingredients organic, no Bovine Growth hormone in the dairy, etc.- money to progressive causes!!) and the way they mix stuff into flavors. So the mixery- the fudge peace sign pieces are good, but when chocolate/fudge gets cold it is hard and brittle, so I prefer my chocolate flavor swirled in soft form, not in hard, and now even harder cold form, but they are OK. I am a great fan of all things toffee (love all the heath bar related flavors), and I wish they'd gone with actual toffee, because the toffee cookies, occasionally have a piece of toffee where you could tell they are toffee cookies, but mostly they just taste like OK cookies pieces. I think this will do OK, and some folks may really love it, but I don't think it's going to be staying around, so if you are interested, I'd get some soon...hey warmer weather is upon us now!!
FUN LENNON ALBUM RATING ANALOGY: So this is not an "Imagine", "Double Fantasy/Milk & Honey" level fave, probably not even a "Plastic Ono Band". It is however on a fine "Mind Games", or "Walls & Bridges" type of greatness, as in some great, and some at least good, and stays out of the "Sometime In New York City" mixed blessings.
WORST POINT: While they are having a Lennon Ice Cream, supposedly focused on Peace for the World, they don't have any foundation (The John Lennon Spirit Foundation seems like the natural choice that was missed here) getting any of the profits. Of course with Cherry Garcia, the Grateful Dead's charitable foundation doesn't get any money, but that Ice Cream isn't claiming any higher ideals. So in a larger sense the World Peace they are talking up ends up tasting more like the Whirled Peace on the label; with nothing but their words to back it up. They even had another of their new flavors this season (there are 4- checked their website) give funds to a cause, but not this one.
Om Namah Shivaya !!!!
linclink
Silver member
Silver member

Location: Canandaigua, New York, USA, Earth, Cosmos of Light & Love

Previous

Return to JOHN