Lennon TV documentary pulled
By PETE SAMSON
Showbiz Reporter, The Sun
February 21, 2007
A MAJOR new film revealing shocking details about Beatles legend John Lennon has been pulled after his widow Yoko Ono withdrew her support.
The documentary — leaked to The Sun — features previously unseen home video footage and controversial interviews.
Lennon’s first wife Cynthia, 67, told filmmakers how drugs and his relationship with Yoko tore their marriage apart.
And the rocker’s psychiatrist, brought in when his drug use spiralled out of control, described his possessive love for Yoko.
Yoko is listed as Executive Consultant on the credits for Working Class Hero by Double Jab Productions, which was due to be shown on BBC TV.
A TV source said: “The film had been several months in the making but at the last minute Yoko withdrew support.”
Double Jab, whose film is narrated by actor Gary Oldman, refused to comment last night.
EMI claimed the film was stopped because it was not finished in time to coincide with a planned album release.
Lennon was shot dead by crazed fan Mark Chapman in 1980. He was 40.