Revolution On The David Frost Show

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:54 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
I think that frost probably broadcasted that show in B & W-It appears to have been FILMED in color, though. Not sure. I only know that I saw it in color back in 1968 on "The Smothers Brothers"
The Anthology DVD proves it....
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DylansMrJones » Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:12 pm

I was a bit surprised that this particular version of REVOLUTION wasn't on ANTHOLOGY 3. It's kind of cool - the fast single version, with the "shoo-be-doo" stuff from the slow version. And John's "count me out...in". This should have been included.
DylansMrJones

Postby dakota » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:30 pm

What's cool about this film clip is that alongside the "Rooftop concert" footage, this is one of the few times in the late period (my favorite) Beatles that you got to see them in a performance situation.

Another cool thing is that under the BBC rules of the time they couldn't lipsync their vocals, so they had to have live vocals over a pre-recorded backing track (which was probably the master tape from the single released version from the sound of it). But the cool thing is that they didn't stop there. They added live electric guitars from George and John presumably to intensify the performance and it came off good.
dakota

Previous

Return to JOHN