Two Virgins

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Brains » Thu Nov 28, 2002 7:37 am

Mary Jane is cool! "she's grooving such cooky spaghetti" what a great line! It's much much better than Rev. 9.

And yes, the acoustic version of WMGGW is great. I think it would be great if Paul would do that one on the George tribute on the 29th. It's not that hard to play or sing.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Liam OSM » Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:25 pm

quote:Originally posted by Brains
Mary Jane is cool! "she's grooving such cooky spaghetti" what a great line! It's much much better than Rev. 9.

Agreed. Mary Jane had the potential to be something good if it had ever got finished. Rev9 is just an embarrassment.
Liam OSM
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:37 pm

quote:Originally posted by Liam OSM
quote:Originally posted by Brains

Agreed. Mary Jane had the potential to be something good if it had ever got finished. Rev9 is just an embarrassment.

Well, I don't know if I'd go so far to say Rev. 9 is an embarassment. But it DOES suck pretty bad. LOL
Ram1

Postby maccastheman » Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:03 pm

quote:Originally posted by dsnito

But some "intelectual" people that time said that was a kind of "avant-garde" art cover... that was only to LAUGH I think!!!LOL[:D]

Peace.

One of the best quotes from that era:
"Avant-garde? Isn't that the French word for s-h-i-t?"
-John Lennon.

Of course I like a lot of experiemental stuff, but when the song structure ceases to exist I get a little bored.
maccastheman
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:34 pm

quote:Originally posted by maccastheman

Of course I like a lot of experiemental stuff, but when the song structure ceases to exist I get a little bored.

Exactly. I feel the same way, MTM. I am a huge fan of Sonic Youth. Great avant-garde band. However, their songs usually stay centered around a main melody. A constant core, so to speak. Even when they go off on weird sounds and strange solos, the structure of the song usually remains intact. That kind of stuff I don't mind. In fact, I love it. But stuff like Rev. 9 to me, is just that....Stuff. It's just a bunch of noise to me.
Ram1

Postby Brains » Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:28 am

That's what's a lot better about Mary Jane.

Carnival of Light was also one of those things that are just noise. Sucked too.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Jimi Hendrixx » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:19 am

I always dug far out and experimental stuff. But, the Yoko and John stuff didn't work for me. I just didn't groove to their scene. The only ones who groove to a John and Yoko record are ...John and Yoko and their cats and dogs man. The stuff isn't even melodic.

The only Yoko song i liked was "goodbye sadness" cause it had the line goodbye in it - that meant i was close to not hearing her song again. Then again, Linda's voice is almost as bad.

Linda was a great chef, great photographer, but a bad singer. She was great in doing domestic stuff and keeping her men happy - but her singing is the worst, man. I thought i was bad singer.

At least, Linda could cook and do photography - the only good thing Yoko does besides her art - is her ability to create law-suits
Jimi Hendrixx

Postby Jimi Hendrixx » Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:25 am

Dig - you should check out my albums Axis bold as love and electric lady land. There's some trippin' stuff on that. I dig Axis bold as love and if 6 was nine. Dag, it's all good
Jimi Hendrixx

Postby Ram1 » Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:52 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Thank goodness for the plain brown outer wrapper. YIKES.

The stuff on the vinyl is even worse. LOL
Needs to be repreated, lol.

WAD, LOL
Ram1

Postby dsnito » Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:04 pm

Oh no, please, not about this thread again!!![xx(] Don't dig it again, I'm beggin'!!! Enough of the "Virgins"!!!LOL[:D]

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN