Two Virgins

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby mr. kite » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:15 am

What if Paul and Linda did the same for the Macca1 album cover? Would they receive the same reactions? Personally, I don't think so because it would be Linda and not Yoko. In fact, if John was the only one in the cover, it wouldn't receive that much bashing from the critics because it's John. Funny, but it's really Yoko's presence in the cover that made it a big issue.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:05 am

It was a really hairy situation!
Ram1

Postby jet » Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:00 pm

quote:Originally posted by stevew628
Thank goodness for the plain brown outer wrapper. YIKES.
The stuff on the vinyl is even worse. LOL
One of the worst things about this album was the fact that it was recorded on the night they first slept together, while Cynthia was conveniently out of the country on a holiday John apparently persuaded her she needed. On the whole I have a lot of respect for John, but I thought the way he treated Cynthia towards the end of their marriage was a disgrace. Cynthia didn't deserve this kind of treatment. And to dump her for someone like Yoko? No wonder the other Beatles didn't like her (Yoko).
jet

Postby Ram1 » Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:52 pm

I agree as well. I've always had great sympathy for Cyn during those times.
Ram1

Postby mr. kite » Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:46 am

As a father and husband, Paul is really admirable compared to John.
mr. kite
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Brains » Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:37 am

Although John did learn form his faults as a father in the sixties. I think he was a good dad to Sean.
Brains
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Ram1 » Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:26 am

quote:That's why I always respected Paul so much. He's not just a genius--he's an awesome father and husband.

Exactly. Besides his music, that is the number one thing I've always admired about Paul. To be the most famed songwriter in the world, and still raise a healthy family. Unbelievable.

quote:Although John did learn form his faults as a father in the sixties. I think he was a good dad to Sean.

Yeah. One thing I admire about John is that he did learn from his past mistakes. And towards the end, he did reach out to Julian. However, I think it was a little too late. Not to sound harsh, but I think it's true. By that time, Julian was already bitter (and still is.) I've always felt sorry for Julian. He was all but neglected by his father his entire life, and then when his baby brother is born, all of a sudden Sean gets all the attention. It was so hard on Julian. He's said it himself.
Ram1

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Sep 05, 2002 7:54 pm

I have never had near as much respect for john as I have for Paul. No wonder julian had all of the problems he did. Imagine having to watch your father drool over your younger sibling while you are simply ignored. Not to mention that you really do have the evil stepmother!
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby scrodfish256 » Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:57 pm

Yoko is that you? Sorry, I didn't recognize you without your broom and flying monkees.

julian
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

Postby scrodfish256 » Fri Sep 06, 2002 12:01 am

If it was only that easy. LOL
scrodfish256
Silver member
Silver member

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN