JAGGER: 'YOKO CUT ME OUT'

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby I am the Paulrus » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:06 pm

November 22, 2005

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed ... 20me%20out

ROLLING STONES frontman SIR MICK JAGGER is convinced YOKO ONO banned her late husband JOHN LENNON from seeing his rocker friends because she deemed them a "bad influence".

The BROWN SUGAR singer enjoyed partying with the former BEATLE when he separated from Ono in 1973.

But after Lennon got back together with her 18 months later (1974), Jagger never saw him again.

Recalling when the pair split he says, "(John and I) had some funny times. We got really drunk and we went out on sailboats and we just sat around with guitars and played.

"When he went back with Yoko, I was probably considered one of the 'bad influences', so I was never allowed to see him after that."
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Postby ddr » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:26 pm

Not that I'm big on defending Yoko but Mick Jagger is a talented musician but is a less than shining example of how to be a man. Come on lets take McKenzie Phillips when she's 18 and tell her "I have been waiting so long for this day" What a pig!

ddr
ddr

Postby ANGRY » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:01 am

m. phillips, by her own admission, was into alot of bad kharma at a very early age, don't blame mick...everybody is responsible for their own behavior. as far as yoko cutting off johns pals...well, DDDUUUUUHHHHHH !!!! see : The Beatles...lookie what happened to them !! but, still, it is important to remember and more important to never, ever forget...john never did a dang thing that he did not , in the end , choose to do. blaming yoko all the time is just a poor excuse for letting john off the hook.
...but, isn't ironic that yoko felt the need to pressure him, considering she certainly didn't mind helping the break-up of his 1st marriage?
shows they were both egotistical twits !
while we're at it, can we stop acting like it was only rock stars who drank, did drugs, and slept around. read any bio of sinatra, mozart, take your pick of politicians : BIlly Joel had it SO VERY RIGHT - They didn't start the fire...and it continues on today.
ANGRY
Silver member
Silver member

Return to JOHN