I know (I know) Lyrics

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

I know (I know) Lyrics

Postby Bluebird » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:55 am

I am wondering what this lennon song is about. Apart from the thought that it´s to Yoko. Could it be a response to McCartney? "things getting better all the time" and son on....

I know (I know) 1973
The years have passed so quickly
One thing I've understood
I am only learning
To tell the trees from wood

I know what's coming down
And I know where it's coming from
And I know and I'm sorry (yes I am)
But I never could speak my mind

And I know just how you feel
And I know now what I have done
And I know and I'm guilty
But I never could speak my mind

I know what I was missing
But now my eyes can see
I put myself in your place
As you did for me

Today I love you more than yesterday
Right now I love you more right now

Now I know what's coming down
I can feel where it's coming from
And I know it's getting better all the time
As we share in each other's minds
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Bluebird » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:40 am

Can someone help? Please.. :)
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:08 pm

Bluebird wrote:Can someone help? Please.. :)
The only one who ccould help would be JL himself.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bluebird » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:00 pm

Steve-o wrote:
What do you think?
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Steve-o » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:17 pm

Bluebird wrote:
Steve-o wrote:
What do you think?
It's about Yoko all the way.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bluebird » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:15 am

Steve-o wrote:It's about Yoko all the way.
I guess you have right. I just think that there are few inputs who could be related to Paul. Like "And I know it's getting better all the time", and "As we share in each others minds"..
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

HERE'S THE EXPLANATION TO "I KNOW-I KNOW" from Joh

Postby beatlemachi » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:00 pm

Hi BLUEBIRD-THIS IS FOR U !
John left Yoko for a year and a half , during which he was living with Yoko's secretary MAY PENG. When he performed in NY with Elton John in 73', Lennon was asked what he wanted and he said to see Yoko in the audience.Nobody's sure if she was there but she got in touch after the Show, and brought him to her house for a StopSmoking session, but it took a whole weekend (The Lost Weekend) during which he decided not to go back to MayPeng-to come back to Yoko and go on with his life*(It turned up to be a StopRememberingSession*).It was 73'.A while after that, he sung this song asking from Yoko forgiveness but without remorse or any explanations. That's the explanation to the words of the song you transcribed " I know-I know "
I hereby attach the excerpts from MayPeng explanation about the topic.
NOTE THAT SHE TALKS ABOUT JOHN GOING TO SEE PAUL AND WORK TOGETHER on VENUS AND MARS (???) IN NEW ORLEANS...crazy,man...
Well, my friends, believe it or not...(Ripleys or MayPeng?)
Hope I was helpful.Anytime,
Beatlemachi.

The same Friday night that Yoko setup the stop smoking hypnosis session with John at the Dakota without May, May said that John had planned on traveling down to New Orleans that weekend to join up with Paul McCartney and possibly start writing some songs with him for his upcoming album, 'Venus and Mars' that Paul was making in New Orleans. But alas, John's so-called one hour "stop smoking hypnosis session" turned into a long drawn out all weekend marathon session from which he never returned back to May or to his old life. May guesses that Yoko may have had John drugged, hypnotized and/or put into a trance. During the so-called hypnosis session, May believes that John was told to break off with May and everything in his past so he could be with Yoko and was told that Yoko was his "mother" who knows what is best for John. Several days later May finally ran into John at the dentist's office and John looked like he hadn't slept in days and appeared "zombie like" and had difficulty talking. Then a few months later, May found out that John has made a complete break with his past by no longer seeing anyone from his past except for Yoko. This break with the past also includes breaking off from his music which is symbolized by hanging a Civil War Dagger along with his guitar on a wall.

May remembered that Before John got back together with Yoko, he was planning on buying a house that he and May were to live in and that John had picked out. May said she lived with John for 18 months that she was with John
How kind of U to think of me
When I was out of sorts,
It really meant a lot to be
in someone's elses thoughts...
beatlemachi

Postby Bluebird » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:56 am

Pretty interresting news my friend. Thanks. I´m sure the song is a apologize song to Yoko. The reason why I got my thought was the lyric: ( It´s getting better all the time", like an answer to Pauls "Dear friend" ? This time they had become better friends, and in my eyes it "could" have been a public apologize to Paul after his attack with "How do you sleep". Interresting lyric.
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Berkeleyan » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:48 am

It's about Julian. Check on it - it makes sense all the way, particularly if you've read Cynthia's book on JL.
By '73 John was again aware of his older son, whom he virtually ignored for several years, since leaving England in '71. Around '73 he started calling Julian regularly and had him come over to the US a few times
NYC, LA). Cynthia also visited during TxGiving and/or Xmas - John gave her permission but he basically ignored her those times.
The Love You Take is Equal to the Love You Make
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Bluebird » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:03 pm

Berkeleyan wrote:

It's about Julian. Check on it - it makes sense all the way, particularly if you've read Cynthia's book on JL.
By '73 John was again aware of his older son, whom he virtually ignored for several years, since leaving England in '71. Around '73 he started calling Julian regularly and had him come over to the US a few times
NYC, LA). Cynthia also visited during TxGiving and/or Xmas - John gave her permission but he basically ignored her those times.
Thanks very much! I believe that note :)
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Next

Return to JOHN