Yet ANOTHER re-package of Johns solo work - do we need it ?

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Yet ANOTHER re-package of Johns solo work - do we need it ?

Postby King_Monkey! » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:19 am

I understand its his birthday etc. But do we really need yet another John Lennon 'best of' type of CD ? Anyway I thought 50, 60, 70 were meant to be the real great miles stones in onces life! Now Yoko has put out yet another CD of all the same old songs......... How many time has she done this ? Yeah its nice to have them all together and well presented - but really, its just the same old songs! Yoko cashing in again, this time with Lennons birthday.

Are any of you guys going to buy it ? Why buy what you already have !?
All this selling of the same product over and over is silly.

Watch this space - I bet you there is more to come from Yoko! More stuff she will put out with glossy books of her and John. I'm sure she will find something at the bottom of the barrel.

I'm sure you all know the joke - what's yellow and lives off dead Beatles ???? Yoko ono!!!! So true!!!

How many 'best of' Lennon releases have there been ?
King_Monkey!

It's worth it for a few of the songs

Postby talmat1958 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:27 am

First of all, the price is right. It's a double disc (38 songs, 150 minutes of music), but I bought it for the price of a single CD...in fact, LESS than what I would pay retail for a single CD in most stores.

Second of all, it has remixed/remastered versions of songs that one could NOT get before on CD: Instant Karma, Cold Turkey, New York City, Whatever Gets You Thru The Night, etc.

For Instant Karma and New York City ALONE the thing is worth getting.

IF you don't care about good sound quality, though, and you have all these songs, then, yes, I agree...it's a waste of money.
talmat1958

Postby Harrythebannister » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:11 pm

I can't count on both hands the number of times I have Give Peace A Chance!
Give my wallet a chance more like!!!
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Return to JOHN