May Pang and Cynthia, two lovers of Lennon, meet at The Cave

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

May Pang and Cynthia, two lovers of Lennon, meet at The Cave

Postby I am the Paulrus » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:44 pm

May Pang and Cynthia, two lovers of Lennon, meet at The Cavern

Sep 30 2005

Daily Post

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0800 ... _page.html

May Pang and Cynthia Lennon in The Cavern

IN A rare get-together, two of the three most important women in John Lennon's tangled love life met last night at Liverpool's Cavern Club.

Story continues

John's first wife Cynthia was in town to sign copies of her new book about her tempestuous marriage to the Beatle, called simply John.

Also there was May Pang, for whom John famously left Yoko Ono for an 18-month period in the early 1970s.

It is believed to be one of the few occasions in which the two women have ever met.

Four-times married Cynthia had spent the afternoon at Waterstones signing copies of the book, which reveals the secrets of her time with Lennon.

The book charts their relationship through its highs and lows including the day she walked into to find her husband sat with Yoko Ono and realised they were having an affair.

Cynthia now lives with her husband Noel in Spain, where she writes and paints.

Her spokesman said: "She's having an absolutely delightful time. It's lovely for her to be back in the Cavern.

"She's noticing the changes that have been made but when she walked in the door she said: "The design over the door is mine".

"She was very pleased to see that was still there."
ImageImage
I am the Paulrus
Silver member
Silver member

Return to JOHN