Live and Peace in Toronto

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Live and Peace in Toronto

Postby EddieV » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:56 am

I seen the movie from Toronto 1969, where Plastic Ono Band performed for the first time. I think it is a good concert with great numbers. I don´t like Yokos numbers, who does?.
What do you think about this album/video?
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:36 pm

Nobody seem to want to write on this subject.

Is there another category where Live and Peace in Toronto is discussed??
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:07 pm

EddieV wrote:Nobody seem to want to write on this subject.

Is there another category where Live and Peace in Toronto is discussed??
Probably on the John Lennon website? :P Seriously though...Paul of course has an upcoming album and a new tour...hot topics. For me, I've only seen snippets of the footage and I tend to shy away from anything where Yoko is writhing on stage in a bag. :lol:
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:24 pm

Yes, I have the film on VHS. My brother bought it years ago. To me, it sucks. ONLY because the band wasn't really a "band", and as John says on stage, "We're only gonna play songs we know." (Meaning that they ALL know.) So they play stuff like "Blue Suede Shoes" or whatever. I shouldn't say that it "sucks", but it is just quite boring to me. Cool to see Clapton on stage playing lead, and cool to see an Abbey Road-era John on stage in his white suit, but that's about it, lol.

Oddly enough, The Doors actually played at this concert, but their footage wasn't shot or something. In fact, at the beginning of the film, you can see a QUICK glimpse of Ray Manzarek looking out the window of a limo smiling at the camera, as they are making their way to the concert.
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

Postby kylestyle » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:36 pm

It's just Live Peace in Toronto - no 'and'... :wink:
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby wins » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:45 am

I´ve got DVD of it,there´s POB performance in it + Little Richard,Jerry Lee Lewis and others... I think it´s quite good,I enjoy rock´n´roll stuff like this. But,the true is,when I was watching it for the first time and Yoko started singing,I was like: :shock: I couldn´t believe my ears! Well,I respect her art (I mean her writing and exhibitions) but I really don´t like her singing.
Anyway,John was good,but I prefer Live in New York City (not that I saw it,I only heard it on vynil record...great music!)
wins

Return to JOHN