Is any of you as allergic to John as I am?

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Working Class Hero » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:03 pm

saying john wasn't mature for making those comments is stupid. You are being a hypocrite and acting just like what you say he is. John and Paul are equals in my mind and would never have been as successful as they were without each other. So Shut your trap!
Working Class Hero

Postby chescopaul » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:17 pm

MI is clearly not well and has some pretty deep issues!!
That being said - I certainly think HDYS is a great song that has quite a bit of painful truth in it for Sir Paul.

IMHO i always felt Paul would have put out songs with much meatier lyrical content if he had someone he wrote with who could tell him the truth about some of his weak lyrics. It would seem that NG on Chaos gave him the not so gentle prodding he needs to actually put a little effort into his lyrics.

It is a shame that so many of his fine melodies seem to have lyrics that don't do his genius credit.
chescopaul

Postby mi » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:49 am

Ram1 wrote:
mi wrote:I understood perfectly well what you said about John and Paul making up in the end. No offence, but I would like to hear about it from other, more reliable sources.

. No sense in responding to this thread anymore. This is ridiculous. I hope we can have more intelligent conversations in other threads.

Thanks! Just like I said - let's just agree to disagree.
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby mi » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:54 am

[quote="theDingle.

And if you can't give your Lennon agenda a rest, then GET THERAPY, lol. :twisted:[/quote]

Hey! I wasn't the one who reopened this thread, ok? I almost forgot about it until Mr. Ram1 started commenting about it!
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Steve-o » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:37 pm

I have been sitting back watching this unfold and I cant keep "mi" mouth shut any longer....

Mi...is it just me, or have you damn near swallowed your entire foot? Seriously---you make your own trouble with some of these off the wall exaggerated comments on John, labled as "fact", and then you ask everyone else for direct confirmation from Paul himself to support what is common knowledge, Beatles 101, if you will. I don't honestly know any Macca fan that HATES John....I have always favored Paul since day one, but John was an awesome player/singer/songwriter and in my top 5. I do, however, know many Lennon only fans who hate Paul, but I digress--.

You are entitled to your own opinion, certainly, but maybe you should take these particular threads to

unsubstantiatedrants@ihatejohnlennonsom ... raight.com.

Let's celebrate Paul without taking a humongous dump on JL. If you feel hate towards John, hold it in. :wink:
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:28 pm

:lol: :lol:

SAYITIN1BREATHCHOKE!!!
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby mi » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:02 am

Steve-o wrote:I have been sitting back watching this unfold and I cant keep "mi" mouth shut any longer....

Mi...is it just me, or have you damn near swallowed your entire foot? Seriously---you make your own trouble with some of these off the wall exaggerated comments on John, labled as "fact", and then you ask everyone else for direct confirmation from Paul himself to support what is common knowledge, Beatles 101, if you will. I don't honestly know any Macca fan that HATES John....I have always favored Paul since day one, but John was an awesome player/singer/songwriter and in my top 5. I do, however, know many Lennon only fans who hate Paul, but I digress--.

You are entitled to your own opinion, certainly, but maybe you should take these particular threads to

unsubstantiatedrants@ihatejohnlennonsom ... raight.com.

Let's celebrate Paul without taking a humongous dump on JL. If you feel hate towards John, hold it in. :wink:

Am I supposed to be insulted?
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Helter Skelter » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:12 am

Maybe time to close this thread?
Helter Skelter
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby mi » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:14 am

Helter Skelter wrote:Maybe time to close this thread?

Thank you!!! :roll:
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby james1985 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:27 am

I can't believe that anyone who loves paul can hate john. It's impossible. You can't be a real macca fan if you don't love john and the beatles with the same passion as macca. In the early 70s they both slagged each other off, just john had a vicious, cutting side to his personality that paul doesn't have (or keeps out of the public eye)
J+P were EQUALS - that's why the beatles were as good as they were
Mi- you are just plain wrong
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN