Is any of you as allergic to John as I am?

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby mi » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:08 pm

Ram1 wrote:. I don't think you can call yourself a true Macca fan if you totally despise John .

And I don't think you can call yourself a true Macca fan if you can call this hideous poisonous song "awesome", or even listen to one single word of it without being totally disgusted.
Last edited by mi on Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby EddieV » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:18 pm

I like John a lot. But I can´t listening to an whole album by him.
I think he regretted, he never admitted it, that Beatles broke up. The Beatles broke because of him, but at that time he didn´t care.
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:15 pm

mi wrote:
Ram1 wrote:. I don't think you can call yourself a true Macca fan if you totally despise John .

And I don't think you can call yourself a true Macca fan if you can call this hideous poisonous song "awesome", or even listen to one single word of it without being totally disgusted.

Give me a break, Mi. If you READ anything I wrote after that, then you should understand. Ridiculous. And you're saying John is "poisonous", etc. because of ONE song? I'm not going to apologize for anything I have said. I believe HDYS *is* an awesome song, targeted at Paul or not. And you're calling me not a "true" Macca fan? I freakin' think about Paul McCartney I don't know how many times a day, even when I'm at work. I have his songs in my head throughout the day....CONSTANTLY. I daydream about the concert coming up. His music makes me feel GOOD after a long hard day, or when something is on my mind or I'm down. I STICK UP for his relationship with John, because obviously you don't know the whole story. And if Paul were to read what you wrote, he'd probably have a thing or two to say to YOU. Not to be funny, but how dare you call ME not a true Macca fan? Just look at the Title below my name, and the number of posts I have. Enough said.
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

Postby mi » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:51 pm

Ram1 wrote:
mi wrote:

Give me a break, Mi. If you READ anything I wrote after that, then you should understand. Ridiculous. And you're saying John is "poisonous", etc. because of ONE song? I'm not going to apologize for anything I have said. I believe HDYS *is* an awesome song, targeted at Paul or not. And you're calling me not a "true" Macca fan? I freakin' think about Paul McCartney I don't know how many times a day, even when I'm at work. I have his songs in my head throughout the day....CONSTANTLY. I daydream about the concert coming up. His music makes me feel GOOD after a long hard day, or when something is on my mind or I'm down. I STICK UP for his relationship with John, because obviously you don't know the whole story. And if Paul were to read what you wrote, he'd probably have a thing or two to say to YOU. Not to be funny, but how dare you call ME not a true Macca fan? Just look at the Title below my name, and the number of posts I have. Enough said.

My opinion about John is based on much more than this lousy song. I have already explained it several times in the forum, so there is no point in repeating myself. But just look at him singing it in the "Imagine" movie. He hardly looks there like someone reacting to something that badly hurt him! He actually enjoys singing it. He enjoys insulting!!! That is something that is not reasonable or tolerable to me. Let's just agree to disagree on this point.
Last edited by mi on Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Cologne girl » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:53 pm

Ram1 wrote:I freakin' think about Paul McCartney I don't know how many times a day, even when I'm at work. I have his songs in my head throughout the day....CONSTANTLY. I daydream about the concert coming up. His music makes me feel GOOD after a long hard day, or when something is on my mind or I'm down.

Gosh, Ram, I thought I was the only one who was THAT crazy. Just this morning I thought I must be a complete nutcase. Thank you for telling me I'm not the only one :)

EddieV, you should reconsider your statement that the breakup of the Beatles was John's fault. It was also his fault, like it was George's, Yoko's, Allen Klein's and in a way also Macca's (for trying to make the others do things they didn't really want to do).
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mi » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:01 pm

Cologne girl wrote:
Ram1 wrote:I freakin' think about Paul McCartney I don't know how many times a day, even when I'm at work. I have his songs in my head throughout the day....CONSTANTLY. I daydream about the concert coming up. His music makes me feel GOOD after a long hard day, or when something is on my mind or I'm down.

Gosh, Ram, I thought I was the only one who was THAT crazy. Just this morning I thought I must be a complete nutcase. Thank you for telling me I'm not the only one :)

/quote]

If you are a nutcase then, I guess, I should be locked up, because I am much worse than that :oops: ...
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:03 pm

mi wrote:But just look at him singing it in the "Imagine" movie. He hardly looks there like someone reacting to something that badly hurt him! He actually enjoys singing it. He enjoys insulting!!!

*Sigh* Such a shame. You obviously still don't get it. EVEN if this song was "poisonous", (HA, it almost makes me laugh to be truthful), you are FORGETTING the fact that John CHANGED towards the end of his life, dude. John and Paul MADE UP. They were COOL. I am not trying to insult your intelligence, but what part of this don't you understand? I have seen the "Imagine" film many times, and it doesn't look like John has a big "smile" on his face while he's singing it. Gee dude, talk about exaggeration. Honestly, this is ALMOST crossing the line of Paul/Beatles bashing, which is NOT allowed on this site. In the BEGINNING, at least, The Beatles wouldn't have even BEEN The Beatles without John. ALL of those Beatles albums you own? They wouldn't be there without John. I have posted statements many a moon ago on this site about my dislike of some things John did. So don't think I am a "I-love-John-over-Paul" person. But you OBVIOUSLY have your facts mixed up. It really insults ME because you are actually insulting PAUL. And when you insult Paul, that REALLY burns me up. Have you heard or seen the emotion Paul delivers when he sings 'Here Today?' If you don't like John, fine. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. But to call him "poisonous", and basically say you despise him, that is just a TOTAL disrespect to Paul. Totally.
Ram1

Postby mi » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:15 pm

Ram1 wrote:
mi wrote:But just look at him singing it in the "Imagine" movie. He hardly looks there like someone reacting to something that badly hurt him! He actually enjoys singing it. He enjoys insulting!!!

*Sigh* Such a shame. You obviously still don't get it. EVEN if this song was "poisonous", (HA, it almost makes me laugh to be truthful), you are FORGETTING the fact that John CHANGED towards the end of his life, dude. John and Paul MADE UP. They were COOL. I am not trying to insult your intelligence, but what part of this don't you understand? I have seen the "Imagine" film many times, and it doesn't look like John has a big "smile" on his face while he's singing it. Gee dude, talk about exaggeration. Honestly, this is ALMOST crossing the line of Paul/Beatles bashing, which is NOT allowed on this site. In the BEGINNING, at least, The Beatles wouldn't have even BEEN The Beatles without John. ALL of those Beatles albums you own? They wouldn't be there without John. I have posted statements many a moon ago on this site about my dislike of some things John did. So don't think I am a "I-love-John-over-Paul" person. But you OBVIOUSLY have your facts mixed up. It really insults ME because you are actually insulting PAUL. And when you insult Paul, that REALLY burns me up. Have you heard or seen the emotion Paul delivers when he sings 'Here Today?' If you don't like John, fine. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. But to call him "poisonous", and basically say you despise him, that is just a TOTAL disrespect to Paul. Totally.

Let me get this straight: When I "insult" Paul it burns you up, but when John does it you call it "aewsome? :?
I understood perfectly well what you said about John and Paul making up in the end. No offence, but I would like to hear about it from other, more reliable sources. Believe it or not, nothing would make me happier.
And by the way, as long as you're quoting me, you might as well do it correctly: I never called John "poisonous", I just said that about the song.
Last edited by mi on Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Ram1 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:31 pm

mi wrote:I understood perfectly well what you said about John and Paul making up in the end. No offence, but I would like to hear about it from other, more reliable sources.

WHAT???? Dude, the relationship between John and Paul has been VERY well documented. Dozens of people here would tell you the same thing. No offense, but you need to read up on your Beatles history, my friend....at least before you start making absurd comments. And no, you didn't call JOHN "poisonous", but you might as well have. Come on, dude, read your OWN first post on this thread. No sense in responding to this thread anymore. This is ridiculous. I hope we can have more intelligent conversations in other threads.
Ram1

Postby theDingle » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:52 pm

Ram1 wrote:
mi wrote:I understood perfectly well what you said about John and Paul making up in the end. No offence, but I would like to hear about it from other, more reliable sources.

WHAT???? Dude, the relationship between John and Paul has been VERY well documented. Dozens of people here would tell you the same thing. No offense, but you need to read up on your Beatles history, my friend....at least before you start making absurd comments.

mi, it seems that you ask for comments and opinions and then you turn around and dog us about documentation :roll: , most of which is by now the common Beatle scoop.

And if you can't give your Lennon agenda a rest, then GET THERAPY, lol. :twisted:
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN