Best John video clip

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Steve-o » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:31 pm

WAD, CG. He was very healthy during the househusband period and as they said in the 1980 Playboy interview he was "whippet thin and healthy looking......". Take a look at him during the 1974 Nilson "Pussycat" sessions. He looked like he was close to succumbing to alcohol poisoning, seriously.
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mini » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:40 pm

You know that photo of John taken with the long hair and glasses wearing the New York City t-shirt, he looks great there. I'm assuming that was '74-'75. That's what I mean.
Mini

Postby Steve-o » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:20 pm

Mini wrote:You know that photo of John taken with the long hair and glasses wearing the New York City t-shirt, he looks great there. I'm assuming that was '74-'75. That's what I mean.
I believe that one was circa 73, before his "lost weekend".
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mini » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:50 am

I guess that explains why I like his look in the Mind Games clip.
Mini

Postby theDingle » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:27 pm

dsnito wrote:There is a good one John's live concert: "Live In New York City", a 1972 concert...do you know it?? I just did watch a VHS copy some years ago...
I saw that one too--Yoko makes me cringe at every turn in it, but John is loveable as ever.

My favorite is seeing him play It's So Hard on The Mike Douglas Show. He and Yoko were once co-hosts with Mike for a week. Chuck Berry joined him for a performance at one point, that was cool--if I remember correctly, John seemed a mite nervous in that one, which made it all the more fun to see, lol.
not shmingking of gin
theDingle
Gold member :)

Postby kylestyle » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:20 am

I bought the record of John Lennon Live in New York City, I think, in 1986 if memory serves me correctly. Not long after the time of this release, they played the actual concert on New Zealand television and I videotaped it. The show itself, was edited and they cut some of the songs from that concert out for some reason. Unfortunately, I no longer have this videotape, as it was taped on Beta cassette and nowdays even VHS is dying as we all flock to buy dvd video recorders.

My favourite songs on this concert are Come Together (with the lyrics change...John being brilliantly witty as ever) and Hound Dog. Elephant's Memory truly were a kickass rock band for John at that time.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Previous

Return to JOHN