Is Madonna the Female Lennon?

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:30 am

No matter what she does nothing will erase from my mind the image of her going down on a pop bottle to show off how much meat she can take in her mouth. Sorry about being so blunt but that stunt and that movie turned me off from liking her personally.

Now as an artist as I said she is talented and for millions of dollars to take in on a tour anyone can learn to play some basic chords on a guitar. I'm sure she can play guitar better than me :)

I wasn't just referring to her about lipsyncing, it these other solo acts of choreographed sex shows that concentrate more on dancing then playing music. LIke I said, when I watch or listen to music I don't want to see people playing with themselves or pretending to have sex. Music man, music.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:45 pm

MUSICALLY Madonna could NEVER be compared to John or ANY of THE BEATLES(even Ringo!)...they´re zillion of miles ahead from "lady" Madonna... :lol:
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby kylestyle » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:37 am

dsnito wrote:MUSICALLY Madonna could NEVER be compared to John or ANY of THE BEATLES(even Ringo!)...they´re zillion of miles ahead from "lady" Madonna... :lol:

But are they really?

Material Girl, that's a classic song, so is Like A Prayer, as is Love Profusion. Musically, there's a lot going on in Madonna's work. I don't think The Beatles are a zillion miles ahead, maybe a hundred miles ahead or 75 miles, but definitely not a zillion.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Postby Bluebird » Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:02 am

dsnito wrote:MUSICALLY Madonna could NEVER be compared to John or ANY of THE BEATLES(even Ringo!)...they´re zillion of miles ahead from "lady" Madonna... :lol:
Matter Of Course!
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby esto » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:40 am

What we have here is probably just a generation problem, seniors are not so much fancied about that woman. And still can't understand what Lennon and Madonna have in common. Sorry ! :o
There is no music to die for, there is only music to live for!
esto
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Bluebird » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:43 pm

esto wrote:What we have here is probably just a generation problem, seniors are not so much fancied about that woman. And still can't understand what Lennon and Madonna have in common. Sorry ! :o
Not me either :?
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby dsnito » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:25 am

kylestyle wrote:

But are they really?

Material Girl, that's a classic song, so is Like A Prayer, as is Love Profusion. Musically, there's a lot going on in Madonna's work. I don't think The Beatles are a zillion miles ahead, maybe a hundred miles ahead or 75 miles, but definitely not a zillion.

Oh, don´t get me wrong Kyle, no doubt here that Madonna IS a super idol, she IS an awesome showbiz woman and a million-seller artist...
OK, hundred miles if you will... anyway, the Lads ever are VERY far away yet.
Let´s just compare Yesterday X Material Girl, Strawberry Fields Forever X Like a Prayer, Penny Lane X Vogue...THOUGH I KNOW they´re of different generations, BUT in MUSICAL aspects I´m still sure THE BEATLES are unbeatable by any artist in any time.
Madonna might be well compared to the weirdo Michael Jackson, another pop idol of the recent generations(though he was already a young idol in J5 old times)...Look, it´s just MHO. :wink:
Life Is Very Short And There's No Time For Fussing And Fighting, My Friend...
Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Cologne girl » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:45 pm

dsnito wrote:Madonna might be well compared to the weirdo Michael Jackson, another pop idol of the recent generations(though he was already a young idol in J5 old times)...Look, it´s just MHO. :wink:

Don't be too hard on her, please. At least, she hasn't done (at least to our knowledge) any of what he has recently been accused for and she hasn't disfigured herself to a point of looking like a vampire :lol: . As I said sometime ago, I think she is actually quite talented, though maybe not in the same league as the Fabs, and has done herself a big disservice putting on the "sexy" (= vulgar) image. This possibly boosted her sales, but somehow diverted our attention from the real talent she obviously has.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby kylestyle » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:52 am

...and these days, she is also a well-known children's writer...nice to have more than one string to one's bow.
I needed comfort of love just to get me some piece of mind.. wo-oh
kylestyle

Postby Ram1 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:50 pm

kylestyle wrote:
2 of 3 wrote:Some time in NYC is a 7??????? You meant -7 didn't you? :lol:

Well I'm not counting the concert disc, just the songs from New York City Some real good standouts there like Sunday Bloody Sunday, Attica State and Woman is the Nigger of the World, with other fine melodies / lyrics like Luck of the Irish and John Sinclair. I quite like STINYC, a solid album

I totally agree, Kyle. Seems like we're the few around here who like these great songs....
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN