Songs that John are Jealous on Paul.

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby TRAINROBBER » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:32 pm

Bluebird wrote:We can discuss who wrote the tune to "In my life". But Eleanor Rigby and Two of us IS PAUL MCCARTNEY SONGS in anyway :!: :!: :!: http://www.listology.com/content_show.c ... t_id.11160

If you believe that Eleanor rigby was Johns I just can laugh :lol: John took many drugs after that time, McCartney has never make lies in an interview...

I didn't say it was John's , Paul had the tune and the name, after that John did indeed write most of the words.........if you choose to laugh at that feel free to do so.........
if the man wants to shove us out were gonna jump and shout the statue of liberty said come-JL
TRAINROBBER

Postby Bluebird » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:44 pm

TRAINROBBER wrote:
Bluebird wrote:We can discuss who wrote the tune to "In my life". But Eleanor Rigby and Two of us IS PAUL MCCARTNEY SONGS in anyway :!: :!: :!: http://www.listology.com/content_show.c ... t_id.11160

If you believe that Eleanor rigby was Johns I just can laugh :lol: John took many drugs after that time, McCartney has never make lies in an interview...

I didn't say it was John's , Paul had the tune and the name, after that John did indeed write most of the words.........if you choose to laugh at that feel free to do so.........
I just think it´s very obvious that it is a Paul song with good help from john..
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Cologne girl » Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:58 pm

I think there's support for that on the "Beatles Anthology" DVD - if memory serves me it was not Paul, but George who even said that at some point, Paul went off and did "Eleanor Rigby" pretty much on his own. Besides, the words don't really sound like John has written them.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bluebird » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:08 pm

Cologne girl wrote:I think there's support for that on the "Beatles Anthology" DVD - if memory serves me it was not Paul, but George who even said that at some point, Paul went off and did "Eleanor Rigby" pretty much on his own. Besides, the words don't really sound like John has written them.
Exactly, maybe John has helped with some parts of the lyrics in the verses, but It´s a really Paul compotion I think. Awesome lyrics and music.
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby nerktwin » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:02 am

John said he thought "All My Loving" was a great song and he said he wished that he had written it. I thought he was a bit jealous also of "Here There and Everywhere" which he said as one of this favorite songs, ever,

As for John being negative about Paul. John said more good things about Paul than ever did about John Lenoon- John said "Hey, Jude" was a masterpiece, ye I don't ever reading Paul saying that any of John's song. John also praised Paul's bass playng, McCartney rerely complimented John on his guitar playing. People talk about how vicious John was , yet he had certainly more praise for Paul at times- praise that Paul never extended to him, except after his death.
nerktwin

many!

Postby mi » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:41 pm

personally, as a fan of Paul. I have been allergic to John Lennon ever since I heard "How Do You Sleep" and all the other discussting he said about Paul after the Beatles breakup. I am pretty sure most of this came out of jealousy not only on Paul's songs (mostly "yesteday", "Let It Be" and "Hey Jude" if you ask me) but of Paul's charm and friendliness. I once read an interview with Julian Lennon, saying that Paul was more a father to him than John ever was.
mi
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Bluebird » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:01 pm

Good point Mi.. I think it´s very true that Paul had been more respondsible to Julian than Lennon. No doubt that both looked up to each other. I agree that it was too much that Lennon made the song HDYS, but i´m sure Lennon thought that Paul attacked him in lot of the songs on the Ram album. In other words it was not just Lennons mistake. Both have had troubles with each other as I see it.
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Cologne girl » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:46 pm

I agree with Bluebird. I think most friends have arguments every now and then - and you can't just say Paul was the goodie and John was the baddie. Apparently, they had both got over it shortly before John was assassinated - so why can't we?
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mini » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:21 pm

How anyone can say that Eleanor Rigby is a Paul song and then say that In My Life is not a John song because they believe Paul wrote the melody is beyond belief?

Why? Because in his 1970 Playboy interview John said exactly the same thing he said about In My Life in the 1980 Playboy interview. In the 70's Paul never spoke out about this yet only when John died did he start making claims that he wrote the melody, the "entire" melody. John was consistent in 1970 and in 1980. Paul was always, I think this and I think that and changed his story.

In fact John had the words and the tune before Paul arrived at his house, the day it was written. It's likely to me that Paul would have taken John's tune and polished it up. That doesn't make it Paul's melody or Paul's song just as much as John helping on Eleanor Rigby doesn't make it John's song.
Mini

Postby Bluebird » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:57 am

Mini wrote:In fact John had the words and the tune before Paul arrived at his house, the day it was written. It's likely to me that Paul would have taken John's tune and polished it up. That doesn't make it Paul's melody or Paul's song just as much as John helping on Eleanor Rigby doesn't make it John's song.
As for Eleanor Rigby Paul had the whole melody and the most of the lyric. John helped him with "Father McKanzie" and some of the lyric. Maybe you´re right with "In my life", who knows? What I said was only that it was hard to believe Lennon that time. His drugs made it hard to recall the memories. Once he asked an interviewer in an interview which album was released first of Help and Rubber soul and he found it hard to recall exactly how they wrote which songs but as you said, maybe Paul just try to claim that he wrote the tune to in my life. If this is true, It will be the only time Paul has lied of which songs he wrote or not.
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN