Songs that John are Jealous on Paul.

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Songs that John are Jealous on Paul.

Postby Bluebird » Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:10 pm

What songs do you think that John is most jelousy, that Paul and not himself wrote? :shock:
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby macca-fanna » Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:11 pm

none. Why should he be jelaus? I don't see the point!
XxXxXxXxXxXveganXxXstraightXedgeXxXxXxXxXxX
macca-fanna
Silver member
Silver member

Postby HeyJude » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:08 pm

Good writing of the word jealous. :mrgreen: But I think it isn't the right word for what you mean. John said in an interview about Oh! Darling (not word by word quoting): "It's Paul's, unfortunately." He said it b/c he thought the vocals woulda fit his voice better than Paul's.
one sweet dream came true today!!!!!
4.6.2004 Leipzig
yay Anna!!!! :mrgreen:
HeyJude
Silver member
Silver member

Postby macca-fanna » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:11 pm

steve is right! we neeeeeed spell-check!! :mrgreen:
XxXxXxXxXxXveganXxXstraightXedgeXxXxXxXxXxX
macca-fanna
Silver member
Silver member

Postby Cologne girl » Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:51 pm

If memory serves me, John once said he thought "Coming Up" was great and he wished he had "come up" with something like that.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:37 pm

Cologne girl wrote:If memory serves me, John once said he thought "Coming Up" was great and he wished he had "come up" with something like that.
The only comment that I ever read was that Lennon said that Macca II sounded like Paul was depressed. (I think it was the Playboy interview in Fall 1980).
How Come No One Older Than Me Ever Seems To Understand The Things I Wanna To Do?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bluebird » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:36 am

Yeah I have heard that too. John have also said that he never had been jeoluse on yesterday, but Mick Jagger was :D
I also think that he has wished that he wrote " Why don´t we to do it in the road" That´s was Pauls revenge for not to be able on " Revolution 9". 8)
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Cologne girl » Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:33 pm

Steve-o wrote:
Cologne girl wrote:If memory serves me, John once said he thought "Coming Up" was great and he wished he had "come up" with something like that.
The only comment that I ever read was that Lennon said that Macca II sounded like Paul was depressed. (I think it was the Playboy interview in Fall 1980).

I'm not surprised John said that - I find the whole album depressing. But about "Coming Up" - Macca said something about that on the Beatles Anthology DVD or some other DVD (maybe the "Get Back" DVD, I just don't remember which), that John had quite liked this one and it had even given him an additional reason for doing something of his own again.
It's the start of a journey
To a much better place
And this wasn't bad
So a much better place
Would have to be special...
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:13 pm

Actually, Biggest Paul Fan has a point, guys. It's widely known that John was jealous of Paul's ability. George Martin even said it himself. He believed John was jealous of how easily and naturally Paul could come up with melodies, while John had to "work" at it.
October 8th, 2005....The BEST show EVER!!!!
Ram1

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:52 am

Cologne girl wrote:
Steve-o wrote:

I'm not surprised John said that - I find the whole album depressing. But about "Coming Up" - Macca said something about that on the Beatles Anthology DVD or some other DVD (maybe the "Get Back" DVD, I just don't remember which), that John had quite liked this one and it had even given him an additional reason for doing something of his own again.

Yes, it's in the Playboy interview. I think he said it was "a good piece of work", something like that.
down in the jungle, living in a tent....
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Next

Return to JOHN