How do you sleep?

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby theDingle » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:14 am

Let's blame it on Phillip Norman, lol [:D] .
theDingle
Gold member :)

Postby dsnito » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:30 pm

quote:Originally posted by Steve-o
Interesting that this, too, is a Monday, like that horrible Monday night in 1980 on this fateful date. I was watching Monday Night Football when I heard the news...where were some of you when you heard the news?

You know what, Steve-o??? That happened a coincidence to me on that tragic night...I was just listening to "The Beatles In Hamburg" 1962 concert LP(I remmember clearly I was listening to "Ain't She Sweet" sang by John, and it was around 1:00 AM, so in the USA was around 11:00 P.M.,right just when John was dying) and was thinking how I was glad for John's "Double Fantasy" release(then I hadn't buy the LP yet)just two months before, and so I slept deeply...
So just early in the morning of Dec.9th I saw on TV that terrible news...my first reaction was screaming:"IT'S LIE!!! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!" My mom came shocked and stumbling from the kitchen saying "My God, what happened!!!"
Then I sat on the floor and the tears rolled down on my face...Sad memories...

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Gastro (gone) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:56 pm

Great song. Great vocals. Made Paul go crawl back under the rock he came from with Dear Friend. It's interesting that all the other Beatles felt the same way about Paul too. George played on this track and Ringo came out with Back off Boogaloo.
Gastro (gone)

Postby dsnito » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:46 am

As a song, it wasn't one of that great Lennon songs but he insisted on to well produce that song, as he did...and George tried his best on the guitar solos, so he did...
Ringo was there but disliked what was occuring on the record session, as far as he said "that's enough", "stop it" to John that was insulting Paul with bad languages on that session. Even John after admited he went a bit far in that occasion.

Peace.
dsnito
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby Berkeleyan » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:32 am

A great rocker, fantastic solo by George BUT swings nastily at Paul. Just think of it, the original penned lyrics were much nastier (w/ contributions from Allen Klein and Y.O., who else ?) but at the recording John drop most of the nastiness off the lyrics.
Still remained nasty stuff IMHO. But I must admit I like the music itself very much and don't get tired of listening to it.

Yes, Dsnito is right on the money regarding the recording of it.
Berkeleyan

Postby Cologne girl » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:46 pm

quote:Originally posted by Gastro Boy
Great song. Great vocals. Made Paul go crawl back under the rock he came from with Dear Friend. It's interesting that all the other Beatles felt the same way about Paul too. George played on this track and Ringo came out with Back off Boogaloo.

This, unfortunately, is a typical comment from you. The others were sharing their experiences of the day John was assassinated, and you don't have anything better to do than to bring back your favourite topic, the "antagonism". Couldn't you hibernate (SLEEP) a little longer??
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:13 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but the title of this thread is How Do You Sleep?

Case closed.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Cologne girl » Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:26 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but the title of this thread is How Do You Sleep?

Case closed.

Case re-opened. In this case, you happen to be right, but the thing is, you go back to topic and off topic, just as you please, and the latter mostly to come up with some stupid insults, among others to persons you melodramatically apologized to in your last "last post". Case re-closed.

If you happened to read through the entire thread, you'd find out what John himself had said about the song and its deeper meaning.
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gastro (gone) » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:05 pm

Yes and all but one still have an issue with me. I meant every word that I said in that apology. What are you his PR???? If this one person still has an issue then fine BUT he is the one who brings the tired old stuff up over and over again... and it seems you're the only one who gets sucked into it. He will be reading this now and laughing at both you and me. Think about that.
Gastro (gone)

Postby Steve-o » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:26 pm

He will be reading this now and laughing at both you and me. Think about that.
Wrong....just laughing at you, gas. Is it time for another heartfelt apology yet? I can't wait! About as sincere as Anna Nicoles love for the old man she married. CHOKE!!!!
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN