How do you sleep?

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby Wings » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:51 am

Didn't Lennons album come with a photo of John holding a pig by the ears kinda of like the Ram cover. Also on the back of Ram album there is a photo of 2 beetles that look like they are F*&^ing.
Wings

Postby Steve-o » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:02 am

quote:Originally posted by Wings
Didn't Lennons album come with a photo of John holding a pig by the ears kinda of like the Ram cover. Also on the back of Ram album there is a photo of 2 beetles that look like they are F*&^ing.
Correct on both counts, Wingsy
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ram1 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:55 am

RIP, Johnny.
Ram1

Postby Cologne girl » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:35 pm

quote:Originally posted by Ram1
RIP, Johnny.

Wherever you are now, you are still in our hearts and on our minds, YOU WILL NEVER DIE.
Cologne girl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Steve-o » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:52 pm

Interesting that this, too, is a Monday, like that horrible Monday night in 1980 on this fateful date. I was watching Monday Night Football when I heard the news...where were some of you when you heard the news?
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby theDingle » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:38 pm

I was living out West, wasn't watching much TV at the time. I picked up a newspaper at the library the following morning and there it was.

There was some irony to it, because the night before, when he was shot, I was at a small bar enjoying a brewski, and was surprised to discover (Just Like) Starting Over on the jukebox. I'd heard nothing about John releasing anything new. I played it and really liked it.
theDingle
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Ram1 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:06 am

quote:Originally posted by Steve-o
Interesting that this, too, is a Monday, like that horrible Monday night in 1980 on this fateful date. I was watching Monday Night Football when I heard the news...where were some of you when you heard the news?

YES, Steve! I was thinking the exact same thing tonight. Especially at the beginning of the game when they showed an old clip of Cosell.

Well, I shared this same story last year. I won't go into as much depth, but basically....It is one of my earliest memories. I was 3 years old. This is when we were living back in P-burgh. My brother and I, who is 10 years older, shared a room. I remember plain as day our mother walking in the room the next morning and saying, "Chris, wake up. John Lennon was shot last night." I'll never forget those words.
Ram1

Postby Steve-o » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:43 am

I had the album for a few days when it happened. I absolutely LOVED only half of it for some strange reason...[:D]. It's probably one of 3 days where I'll always remember where I was and what I was doing when something outside the sphere of my personal life happened that was tragic:

The other 2:

11-22-63: 2nd grade, Friday afternoon, the principal came over the loudspeaker with the shocking news about JFK---we got out early and went home and stayed glued to the TV for the entire weekend.

9-11-01: At work and my wife calls after 9 AM...I turned on the TV and was horrified at the sight of those cowards flying into the WTC.

I'm not for a moment comparing the the severity of any of these three events, but all 3 things just knocked the wind out of me. All 3 events were related to the Beatles for me, however. I was in a funk in late 63 and early 64 when The Beatles lifted me out of that sense of loss and sadness after seeing them on SUllivan. The Lennon connection is obvious, but after 9-11, who organized, along with the Weinstein, the CFNYC, ? Macca himself, who was there in NYC on 9-11.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Harry » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:53 am

Does anyone believe the conspiracies surrounding John's death? I think it's possible that he was taken out. They say that mind control (brainwashing [;)])was used on both Mark Chapman and Lee Harvey Oswald.

I remember John's death this way. We as in all my cousins were at my uncle's take away shop eating hamburgers and chips one night. They lived in an apartment above the shop. I was only 8. My oldest cousin saw the news bulletin and he was shocked. He was 20. I didn't know anything except that the Beatles were the guys with the haircuts. It was on the news all night and we were glued to the television because of my oldest cousin even though we didn't know much. They were playing Beatles clips all night long.
Harry

Postby Steve-o » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:52 am

quote:Originally posted by Harry
Does anyone believe the conspiracies surrounding John's death? I think it's possible that he was taken out. They say that mind control (brainwashing [;)])was used on both Mark Chapman and Lee Harvey Oswald.

Pure BS. I read this awful book (the author escapes me now) about the possibility. Worst Beatle-related book ever. Paranoid BS.
Steve-o
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to JOHN