The Ballad Of Julian And Yoko

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Postby admiralvanderbilt » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:00 am

I remember seeing a Julian interview, where he was talking about how he gets a Christmas card and birthday card from Paul, every single year without Paul. It obviously meant a lot to him - and is more than he got from his father while he was still around.
admiralvanderbilt
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Berkeleyan » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:15 pm

We all know Paul loves kids in general and has a strong rapport with them. Paul is Julian´s Godfather and has been protective of him since Julian was little. [:)]
Berkeleyan
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Maestri09 » Sat Aug 16, 2003 10:31 am

Like father like son. Kinda strange that Julian had to go through lost, "unloving" parents the same way John did. John's dad "dissapeared", and his mom (his musical influence) was hardly around, then established a relationship, and was untimely killed. Same thing went for Julian. his dad (in the 60's) disappeared for long periods of time. and in his teens, his musical influence was untimely killed when they were starting to build a relationship.

What doesn't add up is Julian's hostility. I don't know if john was still angry at his parents by the time he died, but Julian is pretty old you'd think he'd let go by now. I'm sure he has (except for the whole "Business" part with Yoko where I'm sure he's tied up in knots--just like paul)
Maestri09
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Harry » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:57 pm

John bought a house for his sister Julia and the family in Liverpool but it was left in his name. When he died Yoko sold the house and gave the money to charity. Julian has said this is numerous interviews since Photgraph Smile came out. How bad is that?

Julian got nothing from John, nothing whatsoever. I mean you would think that it didn't work out with his first wife, that he would have provided for his child in his will. They should have got $20m in my opinion.

What disgusts me is the way Yoko tried to ruin Julian's launch of his Photgraph Smile album. Her people were waiting and waiting to find out when he was going to release it so they could release Sean's album on the same day to kill off Julian's album so all the attention (and I presume sales) would go to Sean. In the end Julian's crunched Sean's album in terms of sales. It must have bugged her listening to Julian's album which was much better than Sean's.
Harry

Previous

Return to JOHN