REAL HONEST TO GOD FOOTAGE OF JOHN PLAYING WITH ELTON AT MSG

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

Re: REAL HONEST TO GOD FOOTAGE OF JOHN PLAYING WITH ELTON AT

Postby chris » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:48 pm

foxylady wrote:
chris wrote:i'm not answering this with any sort of insider knowledge...but george (eric clapton and bob dylan) and john (bowie, keith moon, harry nilson) and even ringo (keith moon) seemed to have rock star friends...with occasional rock star friendly appearances. paul just seemed content with linda. now...whether paul was content to just be with his wife (a very real...and actually sort of sweet possibility) or he was offputting or unfriendly to other rock stars (which i have absolutely no proof of...or even heard rumors of) i don't know.

with Keith Moon he was friends with for sure, there exist pictures. In the Rockestra video footage you see some rock star friends. I think Pete Townsend is a friend. Donovan recently said he kind of belongs to the family.
In a recent interview Mary Mccartney said Ringo and Mick Jagger frequently went in and out their home.
In the early 70th Paul was with Linda and his children most of the time, after all he was newly married and devoted father and didn't want to hang out with rock star friends so much.

not so sure they were. i think pete thought paul was sort of corny. if you get a chance to see rochestra live, paul asked them all to wear these silver top hats, most being smaller stars than paul, obliged. but pete didn't. he went on the record as saying there was no way he would wear that stupid hat. now...is that proof he and pete weren't friends? of course not (especially since pete performed on paul's press to play album) but it does suggest that pete was willing to stand up to paul.

and i saw pictures with paul and keith moon. keith was even seen wearing a wings shirt (maybe even on the night keith died...memory is fuzzy) but keith and paul were nothing alike. with paul being the married family man and keith moon being the horse-tranquilizing-injecting-gallon of bourbon-swilling-hotel-destroying good timer that he was...i don't see them as being anything more than publicly friendly...while avoiding each other in their private lives. but...just saying what i think...not what i know.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby foxylady » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:05 am

Yes, I remember the story with Pete and the silver jackets. Though, I think Paul has no problem when people stand up to him, on the contrary. He likes weird people anyway :-D

I mean Paul got through the rockstar behaviour years before most others in Hamburg. Keith and the others knew that, Paul's well respected in their circle.

Forgot to mention David Gilmour, he's certainly a friend.
foxylady

Postby chris » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:31 pm

i will totally concede gilmore. nicely done. in fact...i think dave might even be paul's neighbor.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to JOHN