I hate this day

Discussions related to John Lennon as Beatle and his solo career.

Moderator: Mike

I hate this day

Postby Scott Dossett » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:20 am

Can't...Won't...Refuse...to get over John's murder...That's all
Tomorrow Never Knows
Scott Dossett

Re: I hate this day

Postby EddieV » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:46 pm

28 years ago. Time runs so quickly

Why??
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:19 pm

Today always makes me think of him, I mean really think of him. Play his music all day and listen to what a genius he was. No other musician makes me laugh as much as John Lennon. Case in point today, was listening to Just Because and when he says "there's two basses on this, and I hope you appreciate that" it just gave me such a warm glow. Keep rocking Johnny
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby tristanjblythe » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:47 pm

I agree entirely. Terrible day - I just try to remember all the great music, laughs, peace and love John sent out to the world during his life. That will live on forever....
tristanjblythe

Postby eggman1979 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:54 pm

For me, he´s the greatest. It´s funny, I´m a John Lennon fan but mostly the Beatle, the stuff he did in the 70s as a solo artist has its issues, many things that are not "hearable", decent to play at least...but the masterpieces from his Beatle years are huge, timeless, everlasting, innovative even now-a-days, influential.

Like I´ve said before, my admiration for him it´s a matter of personality. I love rock and roll and the way he played it, composed it and loved it makes me shiver. Too sad he´s not here today with us, he´s playing in his empty garden instead remembering what happened all those years ago.

Long live John Lennon.
We can make it to Mexico City...AGAIN!!!!!
eggman1979
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mark Rink » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:57 pm

^:)^ Dr, Winston O'Boggie
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Postby flextint » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:08 pm

I remember where i was and how i learned of the tragedy so clearly.It seems impossible it was 28 yrs ago.My memory is never that good especialy since i was in high school at the time.{cant remember what i learned in high school at all!!}
flextint
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mclarke825 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:36 am

james1985 wrote:Today always makes me think of him, I mean really think of him. Play his music all day and listen to what a genius he was. No other musician makes me laugh as much as John Lennon. Case in point today, was listening to Just Because and when he says "there's two basses on this, and I hope you appreciate that" it just gave me such a warm glow. Keep rocking Johnny

I never caught that before!

I used to chuckle at the way he paused after "why" in the intro. He's actually saying "Why, I must have been 17 when this came out." But he says, "Ah, remember this one? Why..." The first time I heard it I thought he was saying, "Ah, remember this one? Why?" As in, why do you remember it?

I don't know; I have a strange sense of humor. But so did he and that's one of the other things I loved about him besides his music.
"I dream of a better tomorrow where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned." --Unknown
mclarke825

Postby bravefan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:06 pm

I remember Howard Cosell announcing On Monday Night Football that John Lennon had been murdered. I sat in shock the rest of the evening. I was always a Beatle fan first, Paul second, and then John. I have moved on since and prefer to be thankful that we still have Paul.
bravefan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mark Rink » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:28 pm

You know the sad thing about life,is how fast you forget.My father passed away this year on Dec,7.So Dec 8th means NOTHING to me now
Mark Rink
Silver member
Silver member

Return to JOHN