Are you on Facebook??

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Are you on Facebook??

Postby EddieV » Tue May 27, 2008 12:34 am

I know a lot of people use this site.

What is so good about it?
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Are you on Facebook??

Postby Mike » Tue May 27, 2008 8:04 am

Microsoft recently paid 1/4 billion dollars for what, 1.6% share of Facebook. Now did they go out and share one single cent with any member. No, of course not. That online community servers as sheep so the owners can take advertising $$$ and what ever else it can squeeze out of it's members.

The online community here at MACCA-Central is like a family in a way. Many of you have become good friends with one another and just like a family once in a while we bicker, but we always make up right.

I will be introducing shortly to MACCA-Central members and a like, a change to participate further. A chance to financially benefit from being a member of this particular online community. STAY TUNED, it's coming.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Bluebird » Tue May 27, 2008 9:59 am

I am a member of facebook and I love the site. Great to find and keep conection with friends you haven´t seen for many years. The bad thing is that there´s too much spam on the site. But a lovely place where you know what your friends are doing.
You must appreciate the day...
Bluebird
Platinum member
Platinum member

Postby bobrocks » Tue May 27, 2008 12:44 pm

Bluebird wrote:I am a member of facebook and I love the site. Great to find and keep conection with friends you haven´t seen for many years. The bad thing is that there´s too much spam on the site. But a lovely place where you know what your friends are doing.

I agree. It's great for finding old friends, but there is way to much 'crap' attached to it.
bobrocks

Postby Brainwashed » Tue May 27, 2008 3:28 pm

I have a Facebook and it is a great way to keep in touch with friends.
Brainwashed
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Crisstti » Tue May 27, 2008 8:13 pm

It's great, like otehrs have said, to keep in touch with friends. and to promote causes and events also.

The groups and causes sections are very interesting.

It's true, though, that there are a lot of aplications and tests that are really useless and that makes you kind of waste your time if you get into them...
"You've never felt the rain, my friend, until you've felt it running down you back".
Crisstti

Postby JimmyMcCullochFan » Thu May 29, 2008 4:43 pm

I have a facebook as well
"Wings IV introduced Jimmy McCulloch, a spunky lead guitarist with grit, able to spur Paul on unlike any previous soloist. His debut track, the magnificent single `Junior's Farm', stands as one of Wings' finest emotional and technical releases."
JimmyMcCullochFan
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby Mini » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:00 am

I'm not on Facebook and have no plans to get my profile up.

I laughed at my friend who tried to get me on there. He has 250 something friends but only interacts with about 4 people. To me it's useless and just a popularity contest / dating website.

If someone wants to find me they will find a way and vice versa. I'm not the type to go searching for old school friends or work mates. It's just not for me.
Mini

Postby Crisstti » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:40 pm

What happens is that friends of your friends add you as a friend. And it would be kind of rude not to accept...

What I find interesting is the groups there are, about many things. Some stupid, and some very interesting. It's a way of organizings things, and of promoting causes. There is also the section of "causes" in which you can join, invite people, give money.
"You've never felt the rain, my friend, until you've felt it running down you back".
Crisstti

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC