I know we're not supposed to mention it.....

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

I know we're not supposed to mention it.....

Postby james1985 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:28 pm

....but even over here in good 'ol blighty we're very excited about the prospects of a certain Illinois senator who has the potential to make the world love America again. Fingers crossed for NH tonight, hopefully I'll wake to good news!
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Re: I know we're not supposed to mention it.....

Postby james1985 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:11 am

well, well. game well and truly on
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:14 am

You've got to respect him for how clean his campaign is, I do. He is letting "them" put their own feet in their mouths. Would be a breath of fresh air from the democrats but expect lots more of the old Clinton machine's dirty tricks. "They" already dumped out the race issue so most whites will side the "them". Sickening but, they get away with crap like that every election. Imagine, the people picking leaders based on experience, their issues and their actual record, not dirty tricks or who has the most money to drive voters to the polls and shovel their driveways to buy their vote.

How it would be nice to be able to discuss politics here. Unfortunately they start out calm and interesting but always quickly turn into a very divided mean arguments. Some people are so pasionate on this subject and their side that will just stop posting or leave this board, some for a while, some, never coming back, all due to politics.

What is that old saying? Never discuss politics or religion at a dinner party with friends, that is, if you still want friends :)

There are plenty of sites (blogs) out there that are dying for any kind of attention and exist only for heated political debate. Let's leave it at that, ok ?
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby mr h atom » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:05 am

mccain seems to have it wrapped up: with luck, maybe obama, too.

i've now listened and/or read from mccain insiders who feel strongly about obama, as mccain is far more interested in a complex, civil debate, and they all feel that obama is eager as well.

some of the pundits are saying that if they both make it, we could see the first, real, honest debate of ISSUES.

luckily, both of these two are, seemingly, highly respective of others, and their opinions.
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Postby mageestout » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:25 pm

[quote="Mike"]You've got to respect him for how clean his campaign is, I do. He is letting "them" .......YADDA YADDA....to buy their vote.
quote]

with that being said....then followed up by "How it would be nice to be able to discuss politics here" being said....isn't that hypocritical? You ARE discussing it !!!
mageestout

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC