Springhsteens new album is a good one

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Springhsteens new album is a good one

Postby mhnso » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:06 am

Since the boss new album Magic leaked I couldn t resist and what does it sound like????

Well it s a real good album that together wth memory almost full is a real contender for album of the year. Musically it sounds a lot like oldtime E-streetband from the late seventies with a modern touch. Songwise its a positive, uplifting and rather happy collection of songs. Of course there are a few darker, more poltical songs but overall this is the happiest. most pop Brucealbum since the River 27 yeas ago. Among the outstanding songs are the truly great veterananthem Long way home and the r n b pop, arena rock Livin in the future. The later includes two great saxsolos from the big man, two great, short guitassolos, one great organsolo and ends with a real dumb na.na.na,na choir. Stuff that makes me remember why I liked music in the first place.

Enjoy
mhnso
Silver member
Silver member

Re: Springhsteens new album is a good one

Postby dpantz » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:07 am

I hate Springsteen...makes me wanna puke... :pukel :puker
And if I said I really knew you well what would your answer be?
dpantz

Postby mommasturn » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:13 am

not a big fav of mine either
mommasturn

Postby chris » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:13 pm

come on people...i may not be bruce's biggest fan...but doesn't he deserve a little bit of respect? he has endured for years. he has retained (generally) his signature sound. and he doesn't screw around with rap...or whatever is cool at the time.

i know people who aren't exactly mccartney fans...but who acknowledge his place in history. at least they respect him...if not exactly admire him. i think springsteen deserves the same considerations.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bobrocks » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:47 pm

I love Springsteen!
If his new album is good, I'll definately be pickin' it up.
bobrocks

Postby mervap » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:11 pm

BROOOOOOOCE!! There was a time when Bruce was my favorite solo act.....that's right, including Macca....just remember the times: in 1985, when Bruce reached the pinnacle of his popularity, Macca was releasing "Give My Regards"....not that that is a bad album, but....I agree with Chris: whatever one may have to say about the Boss, one must give him a modicum of respect....he has released some of the iconic songs of his time, and he has continued in his pursuit of expression in greatly changing times....he, like Macca, hasn't anything left to prove to anyone. :salute
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?
mervap
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:04 am

He is OK, I have one record with him Born To Run. Don´t think I´ll buy another one
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby james1985 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:57 am

Thunder road is one of the greatest songs of all time IMO
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:02 am

weirdly enough... :?
i have never bought a single springsteen album... :oops:
yet... :|
i've seen him in concert 3 different times !! :o
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby Scott Dossett » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:50 am

Springsteen is my wife's FAVORITE artist of all time...she missed the Beatles since she's so young (robbing the cradle is not against the law in Mississippi :mrgreen: ). She saw him in the late 70's when his concerts were over 4 hours long...when we saw him in New Orleans (pre-Katrina) he had cut the concerts down to a little over three hours and I was still worn slap out.

The thing I didn't like about the band was his drummer (sound familiar...see George Martin circa 1962). Max Weinberg's extremely heavy base will bruise your chest after a good three hour pounding and it was the same on every single up beat tune. Nils and Little Stevie are cool as is the extra large Clarence on Sax (he might not be that big because everyone else in the band is so tiny :roll: ).

I hate to tell Bruce this fact but he's got himself a "Yoko" with his wife Patti...She cannot sing and she's not something I care to look at...and I'm a complete sucker for redheads...you may check out my profile for verification :D
Tomorrow Never Knows
Scott Dossett

Next

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC