Drugs, and the people who use them

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Re: Drugs, and the people who use them

Postby mommasturn » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:34 am

"you're so heavy"

I grew up being dragged to church weekly. I try to take my kids 3 out of the 4 weeks to sunday school, but I am not "religious" about our church schedule. Luckily I have found a church that is accepting and I don't feel condemned if I miss a few weeks (or the entire summer as the case may be).

I do not agree with many things in regards to religion. However, I do beleive that if "Jesus" was around he would be laid back easy going and give a brother (or a sister) a hand when needed.
I am appauled by the "christians" that claim they are doing god's work but haven't lifted a helping finger in their life.
I should do so much more to help so many more, but I do what I can when I can.

I do think that there is more to life than just this insane scramble for monetary pleasures. Yes I live in a nice town in a decent home, we have several tvs and computers, I don't regularly donate a fixed amount to church, but I do give.

Is this enough? Nothing will ever be enough. You can't goody your way in. I try to be as "good" a person as I can. I take care of my own first and then I try to help others. I beleive that I am doing things right. and if there is a big guy in the sky I feel at peace about it. I put the family I was given first. In doing that we are hopefully raising kids that will do good on their own. They may be upset with me now for making them collect food and carry it in to church, but they know somewhere someone needs it. (Katrina is still not fixed... families of lost soldiers... elderly with no family left.... single parents that have been laid off....the list will never end).

All we need is love? Understanding is nice too, And being horizontal with someone isn't always love ya know. Sometimes love is bailing someone out of jail or watching them hurl after chemo, Love stinks ya ya,

I have been extremely fortunate. I grew up with both parents and several grandparents, loads of siblings and cousins. I met a guy who had the same and we have been together for quite a while. It hasn't always been roses and "horizontal love". But when it is....it is SO GREAT! And when it is not, we make it through because we are a team. We win some and we lose some. But we always make it to the end of the game.

As I have gotten older, I have relaxed so many of my own views to understand what that other side is experiencing. That doesn't mean I have changed what I believe, just that I have allowed myself to accept the other point of view and state mine without being adamant that my way is better.

So that said be good and good will come around to you in the end. Life will never be perfect, but it will be good.
rise above the mudslinging and let that crap slide on past.

We don't need anybody else
To tell us what is real
Inside each one of us is love
And we know how it feels
mommasturn

Postby mervap » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:06 am

"....And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make." :D
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?
mervap
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:21 pm

"why don't we do it in the road" :wink:
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:30 pm

uhhh....drink to me, drink to my health...
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:57 am

some where...chris...even he-(or she)who-must-be-obeyed is laughing....best one liner of the year... dang...that brought tears to my eyes...

i gotta go into recovery, now....
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)

Postby mr h atom » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:06 am

btw...i hear what you're sayin', momma-s...
and, for the most part, agree...
BUT....the point i was trying to get at was that alot of people are searching for answers...and those answers are not being addressed in an honest, humane, realistic fashion...and i was using the 'horizontal' thing to illustrate just how seriously off base mainstream religion can be when it comes to something so basic.

my stars, if they can't get this most basic human need/desire/function right...how do they expect to get the complicated ones...

and, in case anyone didn't get the hint...you could easily substitute any number of things from any number of religions to prove the exact same point...

as for love stinking..i know that pain all too well...been there, done that...hope to god i miss that path for a long time to come...maybe...we all seek comfort and joy...but often get reality...and the use/abuse 2o'3 queries about has as much to do with achieving: i know if i had a lg frozen strawberry margarita...i'd pay for it tomorrow...but, it'd feel pretty good right now....does that make it consumerism at its' worst?
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom

Previous

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC