Possibly Tainted Toothpaste in U.S. - Where the outcry ???

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Postby michaelk » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:37 am

D'oh!
michaelk
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby james1985 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:41 pm

michaelk wrote:D'oh!

Looking forward to the Simpsons movie?
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:56 pm

michaelk wrote:D'oh!

Yeah that's what they all say......they all say d'oh. :wink:
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby michaelk » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:09 pm

They do though don't they?
michaelk
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby chris » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:09 pm

Mike wrote:Any American or Canadian company doing that would be closed down, brought to justice sued or whatever in a minute.

but mike, lots of american comanies are outsourcing thier products (and labor, for that matter) nowadays, aren't they? if colgate is attached to this, they are at least partially responsible. i could care less who makes it or where it is made. if i buy a product with the colgate label on it, i am trusting that they are in good faith supplying me with a product that is safe, and does the job they claim it to do. if a brand name is not up to par (especially if it is because they are trying to save a few bucks by using cheap labor) it is up to that brand to pull the product off the shelves.

in the late 70's, some jagbag put cyanide in tylenol containers. and it killed a few people. it wasn't done by tylenol, but that didn't matter. theyhad to pull everything off the shelves, and tell the american public why. imagine what it would cost a company if news came out that they knew about a tampered with product and they didn't pull it from the shelves.

same goes for automobile manufacturers, they clearly don't want to recall defective autos, it costs millions. but thet goodwill they would lose if they didn't...

this is in no way defending any crappy (or worse, poisonous) chinese products. but consumers here don't buy thier toothpaste from anyone in china, they buy it, in good faith, from colgate. they should step up to the plate. if it costs them a few mil in quarterly profits, so be it.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:14 am

Yesterday the Chinese government executed the official in charge of food & drugs ministry. It's their attempt to getting control of quality control. They fear an embargo and that they should. I called for radical reform but execution, well, we didn't ask for that. Dozens of death were directly related to what this ministry did. In general, he and others took bribes to pass drugs sold as American equivalents but were fakes, did nothing, stolen or a combination of the three. Another official was given life in prison.

Not directly related to the original story but pretty close as it's not just greedy manufacturers but government officials.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Postby chris » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:12 pm

guess i should cancel my large order of moo shoo pork
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:19 pm

Interesting how a some of us think, the Chinese govt is pretty sad with it's human rights violations....yet I think the guy got what he deserved. What's that say about me. :oops:
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:49 pm

i better pay back 2 0f 3 that 10 spot i owe him...and quick. it may not be long before he sends the chinese mafia after me :lol: :wink:
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Placing blame...

Postby jgkojak » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:34 pm

Agreed- where is the outcry- if "terrorists" laced toothpaste with antifreeze we'd be bombing Bejiing.

The real problem are these so-called "free trade" agreements, which actually protect multinational corporations from government regulation.

You know what I think? If you wanna sell something in this country you need to abide by some basic labor and manufacturing standards, period.

That's like the Mexican Truck issue- remember in the 2004 debated Bush was pushing letting Mexican truckers on US Roads, despite the fact that labor and safety standards are VERY different for these truckers-- we limit how many hours drivers can be on the road for a REASON- because people DIE. We have safety standards for maintenance of trucks for a reason- because people DIE.

What really makes no sense is the same crowd that used to gets its panties in a wad about "communism" is more than happy to turn a profit by propping up the Communist Chinese Govt.
Everyone's talkin' 'bout the President
We all chip in for a bag of cement
jgkojak
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC