Possibly Tainted Toothpaste in U.S. - Where the outcry ???

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Possibly Tainted Toothpaste in U.S. - Where the outcry ???

Postby Mike » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:40 am

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288526,00.html

This is the tip of the iceberg people. Someone sneezes in Canada and the hospitals are locked down and a Sars concert is setup. Canada suffered terribly economically from the Sars scare and a mad cow.

Where are all the people now. Why are they not calling for a ban on cheap Chinese crap that is poisoning us slowly and in some cases quite fast. Except for a few headlines here is the media on this ? Where are the loud mouth politicians on this ? Where is the outrage ? If the Chinese government recently shut down 190 factories on their own for using banned and illegal material in goods shipped to US and Canada, how many thousands more are left ?

You know, my Dad always use to say, you get what you pay for. Cheap isn't always the answer. How about a tend to move manufacturing jobs back here where we have some quality control and standards ?
Last edited by Mike on Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike
Gold member :)

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:46 am

I agree..and I'm very surprised by the fact that nobody's heads are rolling for this. It has seemingly been swept under the rug.

Does anyone know just how many people are sick from that toothpaste?
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:28 pm

Well, you can't wait for the feds to do anything. I check everything I buy, and if it says made in china on it. I don't buy it. It's getting more and more difficult of course, because everything you buy these days has some or all of it's parts made in China, and then put together somewhere else...which means they don't have to put Made in China on the label. It's our own fault though....we want everything....and we want it cheap. They can make it cheap because they have no labour laws, no environmental laws etc etc.....and we all just turn a blind eye, because we all want new stuff. I always look for stuff that says Fair Trade on it. It's not a perfect system, but at least someone is trying not to screw the poor into the ground and keep them their.
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby lorraine » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:51 pm

I do agree with you that something needs to be done about this. We shouldn't tolerate being poisoned and more manufacturing needs to be done here in North America. Unfortunately I sense that it may take time for some people to realize that thier sicknesses or deaths of family members are linked to the use of these tainted Chinese products.
lorraine

Postby chris » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:01 pm

outrage! outrage? americans don't have the time to be outraged. too many in this country have a who gives a crap attitude about anything. except, maybe paris hilton getting out of jail...or who really fathered anna nicole's baby.

it doen't matter if "we" think cheap isn't always better. its what the parent companies think. it doesn't have to be healthy...at least not in this country. it just has to turn a profit. colgate is responsible for informing consumers that the product they sell may not be healthy. they might just want to take the time to suggest that there is counterfiet toothpaste bearing thier brand name. have they? and if they do, i wouldn't be surprised if it happened late friday evening...where it'd be burried somewhere in the middle of the seldom read saturday paper anyway.

not that the ordinary american actually reads newspapers anymore. or periodical news magazines. or attempt to enlighten themselves by watching the evening news.

please don't overestimate the average american. i'm guessing the average american watches too much reality television to have the time to even brush his teeth. not that many of us have many teeth left.

leader of the free world indeed.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:06 pm

You been drinking that Chinese beer again chris? :P :wink: :lol:
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:30 pm

One hellava rant Chris...You da man! :)
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mike » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:34 pm

Any American or Canadian company doing that would be closed down, brought to justice sued or whatever in a minute.
Mike Kovacich
www.macca-central.com . . . . . . . . . . . . www.maccaradio.com
The Paul McCartney FUNSITE . . . . . . . . The Voice of The Beatles
Mike

Postby michaelk » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:00 am

Let's bomb China!
michaelk
Bronze member
Bronze member

Postby 2 of 3 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:45 am

No point, they probably make the bombs too.
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC