When I get older....

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

Re: When I get older....

Postby Harrythebannister » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:37 am

Music radio in the UK is utter bilge. We only have a small number of channels but daytime radio just repeats the same old songs over & over again. It's quite monotonous!
But yeah, I still listen to music alot in fact more because of portable MP3's etc!
My choice of music hasn't changed either. I reckon I'll still be listening to music until the day I go deaf (which probably won't be long judging by the sort of CD's in my collection)!!
Man I could smell your breath a mile away.
Harrythebannister
Supporter
Supporter

Postby 2 of 3 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:35 pm

You may enjoy the music on this site. Free of course. Lot's of different stuff.

http://www.radioparadise.com/
The World is a tangled up necklace of Pearls
2 of 3
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mommasturn » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:35 am

I always pick radio over television. I am lucky enough to have at least one station that plays songs I like. Such as Beatles and Paul, Elvis Costello, Lenny Kravitz, Jack Johnson, White stripes, Ben Harper, Buddy guy, Clapton, Cranberries, Lucinda Williams, Cracker, Pink Floyd, Just really everything. As well as some stuff I don't care, for like nirvana. There is so much diversity so I try to listen anyway and get to know new stuff all of the time. If there is a song I just can't take I will hit the play button on my cd drawer and hear a favorite.

I grew up in country land where the only beatles i heard was hey jude and i wanna hold your hand and imagine. (Oh the parents hated that one! Imagine theres no heaven... That really got them going!) Occasionally a cover tune by a country artist, oh yeah and the ever popular 'they're gonna put me in the movies'......Can you shot me... Please come on ringo the country version was bad enough, don't give them more reason to play it!

I need to know about some of the new stuff so I can keep up with the times. (Gotta know what my kids are listening to ya know.)Plain white t's- lovethat delialah song, Killers-okay not a great name though. Green day -like most of it. Black eyed peas.....I would prefer to erase some of those lyrics from my kids ears, but hey isn't that what parents thought about those 'horrible lads' from liverpool? My next mission is to try the black parade - my chemical romance- sounds horrible and like I should get ready for a big talk with my kid,, hopefully it will not be as bad as I think...

Anyway I am trying to get out of the rut and hear some new stuff. But I shall always love the classics. (Now that I know what they are)

As long as I am not forced to hear rap or country or gospel I am pretty okay with whats on the radio. If not I get to say 'not today' and change station or play cd..
mommasturn

Postby chris » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:12 pm

mommasturn wrote:I always pick radio over television. I am lucky enough to have at least one station that plays songs I like. Such as Beatles and Paul, Elvis Costello, Lenny Kravitz, Jack Johnson, White stripes, Ben Harper, Buddy guy, Clapton, Cranberries, Lucinda Williams, Cracker, Pink Floyd, Just really everything.

this is really a good collection of music, my midwestern friend. i swear i was sure i was the only person alive who grooved on ben harper (with the most innocent of criminals) . he's playing at lollapalooza in chi-town this week. maybe i'll see ya there.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mommasturn » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:20 pm

perhaps we will see each other there! Nice taste in music ehhh?
mommasturn

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:36 am

mommasturn wrote:I grew up in country land where the only beatles i heard was hey jude and i wanna hold your hand and imagine. (Oh the parents hated that one! Imagine theres no heaven... That really got them going!)

I could very well "Imagine" especially after John's "bigger than Jesus" remark! :lol:
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC