When I get older....

This forum is where you should post items that contain No Paul Content, or No Beatle Content. Keep it clean. Absolutely no politial discussions are allowed. Posts deemed objectional will be deleted without warning.

Moderator: Mike

When I get older....

Postby EddieV » Mon May 07, 2007 11:48 am

I am music lover and try to keep up with the latest news and releases.

What I found out recently was that I don´t listen to that music. I used listen to music all day and night when I was younger. Now in my "older" days late 30´s), somedays I don´t listen to music at all.

How is it for you gays and girls??
Now junior behave yourself
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Paperback Writer » Mon May 07, 2007 1:17 pm

Eddie;

I haven't listened to music on the radio since 1987 - but listen a way lot more to music of my choice via walkman, Ipod, internet, computer and car stereo. It's great to have macca central members list their pics and reccomendations. 8)
"Step on the gas and wipe that tear away,
One sweet dream came true today!"
Paperback Writer
Silver member
Silver member

Postby james1985 » Mon May 07, 2007 4:19 pm

I don't listen to the radio either. I rely on magazines - I often take a chance on albums that I've heard nothing of becaues of a good review. TV stations like MTV2 are pretty handy, though, as are the recommendations of the good people here at macca-central. I got a lot of good advice here on Dylan-exploring 8)
May sweet memories of friends from the past
Always comes to you, when you look for them
james1985
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chris » Mon May 07, 2007 9:30 pm

i'm going to have to concur with all of the opinions here. i can't rely...(or won't, if you prefer) on the radio to play for me the songs that i like. i'm an adult. if i want to hear a song, and i can't count on the radio to play it for me, i just pop in a cd and hear it.

i wouldn't say i listen to as much music as i did when i was younger. but it is still just as important to me. when i buy a cd, i wait till all the kids are in bed. not long after that...my wife yawns, and heads up stairs to bed. i then have the freedom to put on my headphones and jam, or play music through the speakers and veg. but i still like to completely immerse myself in new music. i let it consume me. then...after, i can honestly decide whether or not the music moved me. but i like to focus on every nuance of the music.
I want to tell her that I love her a lot, but I got to get a belly full of wine.
chris
Supporter
Supporter

Re: When I get older....

Postby Genuine_Indian_Guru » Mon May 07, 2007 10:38 pm

EddieV wrote:How is it for you gays

Who you calling gay? :lol:

"Not that there is anything wrong with that" :lol:
I go back so far... I'm in front of me!
Genuine_Indian_Guru
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Tue May 08, 2007 2:40 am

Genuine_Indian_Guru wrote:
EddieV wrote:How is it for you gays

Who you calling gay? :lol:

"Not that there is anything wrong with that" :lol:

:lol: :lol:
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby EddieV » Tue May 08, 2007 5:54 am

What I wanted to say with this thread is that I don´t listen to so music anymore as I used to. I also like silence and appreciate it more the older I get.
EddieV
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mervap » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:37 am

Silence can be just as pleasing to the ear as music sometimes...commercial radio is dead in my hometown. The 'classic' rock station plays the same 80 or so songs over & over, top 40 doesn't play anything but new r-n-b and hip-hop(nothing against them, but not for me), and there are 4 country stations that share the same playlist...UGH! I've found a few newer artists just by having VH 1 on while getting ready for work...EARLY.
mervap
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mervap » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:11 pm

Or better yet, have ya'll ever gone to a used CD store and just picked up a CD to check out just because the cover intrigued you? I've found a few groups that way (check out the Delilahs' debut CD)...of course, not everybody goes to stores anymore, eh? Heck, I miss RECORD stores...to find any here one has to go all the way into the ATL., (approx. 30 mi.) Online shopping just isn't the same, at least for me.
If love is blind, how will it ever find a way?
mervap
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr h atom » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:38 am

radio...bleh...not even that overpriced satellite poop...mervaps got it pegged...i seek out record stores wherever i go....

silence...that's what we wish for from laz...right :P ? (sorry...bad joke... :wink: )
lift up your head...and remember what your life is !
mr h atom
Gold member :)
Gold member :)

Next

Return to General Discussions - NPC - NBC